The IRC opened an office in Seattle in 1976 and provides immediate resettlement assistance, employment assistance, intensive case management, immigration services, health and wellness programs through our New Roots community garden, and a program for anti-human trafficking.
Job Overview: Under the direction of the Senior Operations Coordinator, the Logistics Specialist supports clients and IRC Seattle staff in the provision and paperwork of housing, supplies, coordination of furniture set-up and inventory of basic household supplies. S/he also assists with IRC vehicle maintenance and organizes and maintains inventory of supplies in the R&P storage lockers.
Housing Set Up
• Manage housing set-up for refugees, including distribution of procured of furniture and household goods, delivery and set up coordination, utility set-up and required safety inspections.
• Cultivate and manage partnerships with community organizations and individual volunteers to support housing set-ups.
Furniture, Supplies and Inventory
• Maintain a cooperative relationship with staff and community partners to furnish apartments with required items prior to arrival.
• Coordinate all bed and furniture deliveries to secured apartments.
• Maintain ongoing inventory and organization of R&P supply room based on supply lists and procurement forms. Provide regular reports and respond to inventory checks.
In-Kind Donation Management
• Streamline the collection of in-kind goods and distribution, in collaboration with the direct service team and to meet specific program requirements and targets.
• Maintain a database of received in-kind goods and issue tax-receipts when requested.
• Manage the on-site resettlement shop and storage to meet the changing needs of clients and IRC programs.
• Schedule, organize and ensure maintenance and cleanliness of IRC vehicles.
• Assist with maintaining vehicle maintenance logs and schedules.
• Assist to ensure proper registration and documentation for all vehicles.
Outreach and Other
• May represent IRC at local meetings, seminars, forums, and other community outreach opportunities.
• Conduct outreach, networking activities, and other advertising to recruit and educate potential donors, volunteers and partners.
• Coordinate administrative functions and maintenance for IRC vehicles.
• Provide input and feedback to Sr Operations Coordinator on housing, supply and vehicle issues.
• Participate in all staff meetings, trainings and other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Operations Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Resettlement Team, Employment Team, Anti-Trafficking Team, Immigration Team, Youth Program Team, New Roots Team, Immigration Team, Intensive Case Management Team, Volunteer Coordination, Finance Team.
External: Volunteers, Interns, and Key Community partners
• Undergraduate degree plus previous work experience preferred.
• Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in any refugee languages.
• Computer literacy: Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Proven organizational experience with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
• Experience working with volunteers and /or intern on a regular basis. Must be able to communicate, delegate, set expectation, and positively encourage and motivate people.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Professional, friendly and courteous attitude a must.
• Previous experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
• Ability to drive a vehicle and must have proof of insurance and good driving record.
• Commitment to the mission of IRC.
• Standard office environment at IRC’s office in Seattle; Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with occasional evening or weekend activities as needed. Limited flexible workplace available with approval.
• Access to a reliable vehicle to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for partner meetings and events.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
IRC- leading the way from harm to home