Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme Development and Management:
- Support the program coordinator in design the Livelihoods programme including planning, monitoring and management of program staff in the area.
- Support the Program coordinator in the design, management, and implementation of livelihoods activities, including decisions on the best modality for livelihoods programming.
- Co-ordinate research and documentation of lessons learnt, 'best practice' and emerging thinking relating to livelihoods in the area.
- Continuously support the professional development of livelihoods program team by providing clear orientation, feedback and coaching and learning opportunities.
- Implement needs assessments and feasibility studies, including local market surveys or value chain assessments where needed, to identify and evaluate potential livelihoods programming.
- Oversee management and maintenance of up to date documentation related to the project in both hard and soft copy.
- Carry out any other duty as assigned by supervisor.
- Work and coordinate with local community stakeholders and authorities to ensure program gains acceptance and widespread participation.
- Work closely with logistic, finance, AME and HR staff as needed, to ensure that all related issues take place smoothly.
- Promote the involvement of partners at all stages of the project cycle and facilitate coordination with partners, including knowledge management, learning and capacity building for partner staff.
- Ensure intensive communication with partners, local authorities representatives, and other stakeholders in all phases of project implementation.
- Ensure timely and accurate contributions to project narrative reports, quarterly performance indicator tracking tables, baseline and final evaluation reports.
- Support proposal development for new project proposals, as necessary.
- Take minutes of each meeting in the field and share with direct supervisor.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- At least 4 years of experience in business development or livelihoods sector, specifically in post-conflict settings;
- Deep understanding of Syrian context;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic is must;