You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- Mission focal Point and Liaise with national authorities, partners, ministries and INGO
- Develop, maintain, and establish excellent working relationships with a wide range of humanitarian responders (SARC, Ministries, UN agencies, INGO partners and government representatives..etc.).
- Provides high-level administrative support to organization coordination level.
- Supervise correspondence of the mission and all archiving process.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: (Mission Focal Point with partners, ministries and INGOS etc**)**
- Develop, maintain, and establish excellent working relationships with a wide range of partners (SARC, ACSAD, Ministries) and INGOS in Syria, UN Agencies to ensure high level of coordination and maintain good relationship with partners while making them aware about AAH work and its objectives.
- Establish and maintain contacts with government officials, national authorities, diplomatic missions and media when requested.
- Represent the liaison work of AAH work and actively participate in all relevant forums to identify critical information gaps as deemed necessary for ensuring health coordination and relationships with partners.
- Anticipate arising challenges with partners in terms of coordination and communication and propose alternative solutions to the Country Director.
- Design a matrix of external communication and coordination with partners to maintain a smooth flow of external communication under all situations.
- Propose to Country Director, when needed, new methods/approaches of coordination/ collaboration with (SARC, ACSAD, Ministries) and with national authorities, as well as provide information and advice on a range of related issues.
- Organize and participate internally and externally in work groups, meetings, conferences, consultations with other agencies and partners.
- Prepare documents and follow up on visas for expats, HQ staff and visitors.
- Prepare documents and follow up with local partners (SARC, Ministries) on authorization needed for staff and expats for field visits.
- Coordinate and Liaise with ministries for Memorandum of Understanding drafting process.
- Liaise with national authorities for authorizations for implementing new projects.
- Produce detailed guidelines on administrative steps to follow with the various stakeholders (steps to apply for visa, steps to obtain field visit, etc.).
- Perform any other duties as directed/requested by the Country Director.
- Report the ongoing activities in timely manner weekly/monthly to the Country Director.
Objective 2: (Mission Correspondences and Archive)
- Ensure mission correspondences are accurately registered and archived.
- Revise mission correspondences and, when needed, draft new templates for correspondences, ensure, when needed, all documents are translated.
- Ensure Missions letters of requests are accurately submitted on timely manner.
- Prepare, revise, and send periodical (quarterly, semi, yearly) reports to local partners (SARC, ACSAD, Ministries).
Objective 3: (Management of Liaison Assistant)
- Supervise day to day Liaison Assistant’s work plan and plan of actions.
- Conduct periodical revision of Liaison Assistant performance.
- Ensure appropriate reporting mechanisms are in place and accurately followed.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Degree in Business Administration or any relevant field.
- High-level of administrative competencies.
- 3 years experience in administration.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English Languages.
- Excellent command of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, web applications.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Mobility inside and outside of Syria is required.
- National staff only.
Our remuneration package:
As per Syria Mission Salary Scale.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
- Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.