REPORTS TO; IT Coordinator - Shared Service Centre (SSC)
DIRECT REPORTS; IT Assistants/Interns as may be applicable from time to time
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
The Shared Services Centre is a Centre of Excellence based in the MEESA region office. The centre’s vision is that within 2 years its clients will have recorded added value within their support services. The centre is committed to a reliable, efficient and effective service to the MEESA regions at a competitive price. Its ultimate goal is to be trusted, predictable, and dependable to our clients at all times and to ensure commitment to excellent turnaround times in all our service delivery.
The SSC IT Officer under the overall supervision of the SSC IT Coordinator will provide first line support for IT infrastructure support to the SSC clients. This includes desktops, servers, telecommunication equipment and networks as well as troubleshooting for systems to ensure uninterrupted IT operations.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
📚 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯! 🌍🤝 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 🌐
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
Help Desk and User Support – Global & Local IT Services (60%)
- Contributes in performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Escalates incidents to SSC ITC,/CITM/global infrastructure support or local external support contracts as appropriate;
- Contributes in giving client staff access to Plan International User Applications by setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords in line with defined network policies and procedures;
- Contributes in giving client staff access to Corporate Applications / ERPs: (global IT Access to services);
- Contributes in providing IT Administration: (of global IT services); (Exchange Online Administration Portal, IT Administration, Portal, ServiceDesk, Speed test, SAP, SAP BI);
- Contributes in providing information security services (global and local IT services) by ensuring physical and logical security of IT Assets, Data and information at all times; as well as enforcing existing IT policies and developing relevant guidelines and policies e.g. online security, passwords, back-up procedures, anti-virus solutions, etc.;
- Contributes in Ensuring Kaspersky endpoint security is installed on all laptops and OneDrive configured on all computers to sync folders under OneDrive to the cloud;
- Contributes in Including staff in the global active directory / OKTA services management;
- Contributes in Ensuring global and local active directory services management by facilitating the management of joiners and leavers on the local and global active directory and management of email distribution groups;
- Contributes in Ensuring the provision of Local Area Network (LAN) and internet;
- Contributes in providing support on payroll software (local service);
- Contributes in Carrying out system upgrades, patching and backups;
- Bandwidth Management
- Cisco Any Connect Web Filter installed and configured on all laptops
- Contributes in Monitoring network performance (Review net flow and riverbed reports);
- Contributes in service Follow up and updating customer status and information;
- Contributes in Documenting feedback or suggestions by users for sharing with SSC Lead and CIT Manager for informed decision making.
- Contributes in the IT Risk Management
IT Support to Other Countries (10%)
- Contributes in providing systems administration support i.e. Global Hub systems;
- Contributes in providing general IT support including systems/application development support;
- Contributes in providing IT advisory services;
Vendor Management (5%)
- Contributes in Contacts with vendors to ensure provision of good service provision;
- Assists during vendor meetings to discuss SLAs and agree on expected standards;
- Contributes in providing vendor supervision to ensure compliance to agreed standards, general user experience improvements for ease of access to systems, applications and services.
Other IT Support Services (20%)
- Contributes in providing user support and training in corporate applications such as SAP, HRIS, PERPAY, Office 365 software and OneDrive;
- Assist client staff orientation on new rollouts and migration of new systems;
- Contributes in providing conferencing Support for the client;
- Contributes in providing oversight on the PU IT support for Machakos PU/ Tharaka PU and Kajiado Satellite office;
- Contributes in Monitoring and ensuring application/compliances of IT policies and guidelines, established processes and procedures by all end users;
- Contributes in providing orientation and training of IT related policies to new staff;
- Supervises, mentors and coaches the IT Assistants/ Interns as may be applicable.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned
Innovations / Research (3%)
- Contributes in g Implementing innovative technologies and solutions within the Plan International environment in liaison with programme and share best practices and learnings to improve programme effectiveness and enhance programme delivery
- Assists in the technical research and development to enable on-going innovation within the infrastructure to enable staff to work productively
- Contributes to Ensure that IT systems, applications and services, hardware, operating systems, software and related procedures adhere to organizational standards and values enabling staff to work productively.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (2%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Leads the orientation of programme staff to ensure that they are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work of IT team;.
- Ensures that Plan Kenya contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Essential Qualifications/ experience:
- Degree in Information Technology (IT) or Computer Studies or equivalent.
- 3 years’ relevant working experience with at least 2 years in System Administration.