IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected Situations (FCS). This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively working “Upstream” or at the pre-investment stage to create, deepen, and expand markets and to imagine, design and implement investment projects with clients. It requires taking a systematic approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries and addressing these bottlenecks through World Bank Group engagement on policy reforms and programmatic interventions at the country and sector level. It also requires capacity to leverage WBG programs and projects to develop our own proactive sector interventions, and to imagine, design and co-develop projects with clients, even in the absence of reforms.
IFC is seeking an Investment Analyst to support Upstream work in the Infrastructure sector (including energy, transport, water and sanitation, telecom & digital) in the Latin America and Caribbean region. The Analyst will be based in Bogota or Sao Paulo.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Provide research and analysis on relevant infrastructure sectors, markets and companies, including market mapping, comparator analysis, business model assessments and sector and company financial projections/models.
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements of companies within the infrastructure sector.
• Extract data from internal and external databases, manipulate and present data for various audiences and update/maintain information in relevant databases.
• Review, screen and prepare relevant documents and reports.
• Support the Upstream team with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program.
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
• Up to 3 years work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment. Experience working in infrastructure would be a plus.
• Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy and values.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate and project finance.
• Ability to develop complex financial models.
• Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and quality.
• Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.
• Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.