"an inspiring opportunity to experience working in an international NGO, to learn more about (institutional) fundraising, the humanitarian aid sector and War Child’s mission”**
Start date August 2020, min 5-6 months, 4-5 days per week.
Would you like to learn more about how major institutions like the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the European Union and the United Nations distribute their funds for humanitarian aid? Are you curious to know how these grants are invested in programmes in order to protect conflict-affected children from violence and help them establish a positive outlook on the future? Furthermore, do you like challenging and extensive research into national, international and institutional funding opportunities?
The internship at Programme Partnerships and Grants at War Child’s Office in Amsterdam offers you a great and inspiring opportunity to learn more about (institutional) fundraising, the humanitarian aid sector and War Child’s mission to invest in a peaceful future for children affected by armed conflict.**
The intern will support the team with a wide variety of tasks related to institutional fundraising, account management and quality assurance:
- Investigation of institutional donors and funding opportunities through intensive online research
- Screening and analyses of institutional donors and foundations opportunities
- Compiling relevant documents and other tasks for grant proposal submissions
- Support in editing and design of proposals, reports for donors and other documents**
- Administration of all team donor management contacts (CRM) in War Child database
- Support in preparation of institutional networking events
- Support in administrative and filing tasks
- Other support activities to the team.
· Final year Bachelor or Master student in International Relations, International Law, Social Sciences, International Development Studies or International Business
· Enrolled in a Dutch higher education institute (HBO/university) for the duration of the internship
· EU national or eligible to work in EU
· Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written
· Demonstrable interest of NGO and/or development sector, preferably through prior work/volunteer experience
· Good analytical, research and writing skills
· Good communicative skills – the ability to retrieve relevant information about funding possibilities with different organizations in different countries
· Accurate, precise and eye for detail
· Good sense of priorities and time management
· Good team working skills
· Quick understanding of different computer software and filing systems
· Self-motivated independent worker with the ability to follow direction and effectively learn
· Available 4-5 days per week, for min 5-6 months, starting in August 2020
The Organisation and Conditions
War Child is a young and dynamic organisation. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
This internship is for a period of minimum 5-6 months for 4-5 days per week, as of August 2020. As per War Child Intern Policy, fee will be €200 gross per month (based on 5 days).
Please note that an intern at War Child needs to be a registered student at a Dutch educational institution.