Apply now: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=application&jobad_id=67804
Intern (m/f/d) for Digitization for Development Hub (D4D) at European level Bookmark jobadShare jobad
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
Job-ID: V000055333 Location: Bruxelles Assignment period: 07/24/2023 - 12/31/2023 Field: Trainees Type of employment: full-time Application deadline: 06/07/2023
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of digital transformation – development cooperation – EU policy.
Within the European development cooperation, digital transformation has been established as a key priority. To implement this ambitious agenda, the EU has launched the Digital for Development (D4D) Hub as the implementation instrument. The D4D Hub is a new form of global digital cooperation with the European Union (EU), aligning EU digital initiatives for an increased impact. The strategic multi-stakeholder platform promotes new international partnerships on digital transformation between the European Union and partner countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and EU (Eastern) Neighborhood. The mission is to promote a human-centric approach to digital transformation: Facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues, sharing digital expertise and fostering investments of diverse European and global partners. Multiple stakeholders from the European public sector (European Commission, Members States and development finance institutions), the private sector (tech companies), civil society and academia are joining forces through this platform.
You will support the Secretariat of the Global D4D Hub (and the EU-AU D4D Hub) in its advisory services towards the European Commission and Members States (such as BMZ/GIZ). You will support the further establishment of this innovative Hub that connects European stakeholders with partner countries worldwide to shape joint digital transformation.
Specific tasks include:
• Support the D4D Hub Global Secretariat in managing the D4D Hub, such as facilitation of the Board of Directors meetings and activities to ensure coherence across existing and new regional branches as well as running thematic working groups and advisory groups with EU Member States, private sector, civil society and academia
• Support the stakeholder management and coordination of the D4D Hub
• Promote knowledge sharing on digital topics among EU institutions and partners of the D4D Hub through knowledge management, community and contact management as well as by preparing knowledge products in the form of e.g. fact sheets, briefings, articles
• Support the mapping of EU-level key stakeholders, their digital priorities and activities in their development cooperation with partner countries worldwide
• Supporting the team in the planning, organization and implementation of D4D Hub events and workshops with European as well as global partners
• Research and analyse policy positions, strategies and statements on digital technologies in the development space
• Implementation and reception of inquiries and support of the team in conceptual, logistical and analytical advice
• Support in communication work around the D4D Hub (website maintenance, newsletter, note taking, etc.) as well as in the linguistic editing/revision (English/German) of articles and speeches
Your profileYou are studying in the third semester or higher in social or political sciences, management and/or communication sciences or international relations First professional working experience (e.g. internship) in the political sector and/or the digital economy and/or development cooperation and/or EU cooperation Structured and result-oriented working style, strong personal initiative as well as team and communication skills and intercultural sensitivity Passionate about development cooperation, the EU and digital transformation Strong interest in writing and the ability to draft texts within a short timeframe Some experience abroad would be an advantage Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel, experiences with knowledge management and communication tools or basic website editing would be an advantage Excellent spoken and written English skills, German and French skills would be an asset
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.350,- (gross). Please note that the contract will be concluded under Beldian law.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms. Irene Salvi (Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).