Requisition ID 32991 Office Country Belgium Office City Brussels Division Corporate Strategy Contract Type Intern Contract Length 06 months Posting End Date 10/01/2023
Purpose of Job
The EBRD EU Representative Office in Brussels has overall responsibility for overseeing and coordinating the Bank’s relations with EU institutions and Brussels-based stakeholders, and for facilitating the deepening and widening of the Bank’s strategic, policy and operational engagement with the EU.
The office promotes the EBRD’s position as a preferred partner on private sector development matters, and ensures an effective and coordinated EBRD engagement with EU institutions across sectors and countries of relevance to the Bank.
The Intern will support to the team both on policy engagement and communication outreach as well as provide occasional admin and coordination support to other project activities.
This role will be offered as a 6 month Internship
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Support the analysis of and engagement on EU policies and initiatives in the context of the current multiannual financial framework, such as Global Europe/NDICI, InvestEU, the European Green Deal, Global Gateway, etc.
• Support on communication activities (internal and external) to raise the profile of the EBRD and its EU Representative Office
• Attend relevant events and report back to management
• Participate in internal and external meetings where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
📚 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯! 🌍🤝 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 🌐
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
• Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience in engaging with EU institutions/international organisations would be beneficial
• Knowledge of EU institutions and understanding of development policy
• Ability to work independently while also knowing when to seek advice
• Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment with changing priorities.
• Fluency in English, French is a plus
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.