Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
To know more about the context of our mission in oPt, please click here.
The Advocacy Coordinator will work as part of the oPt mission to develop strategic advocacy and contribute to the overall programs of Action Against Hunger in the country.
To know more about how advocacy is approached in Action Against Hunger, please click here.
Key activities in your role will include
- Operationalization in the advocacy strategy for oPt, establish relevant collaborations for its implementation and ensure the coherence with organizational new ways of working and global initiatives.
- Researching and lobbying on root causes of vulnerabilities faced by our beneficiaries/right-holders and by the mission in the discharge of its humanitarian mandate and action.
- Working in cooperation with external stakeholders and headquarters to ensure collaboration in the development and implementation of advocacy work for the oPt mission.
- Contribution to the mission information management strategy and its implementation at mission level.
- Other activities include:
- Provision of regular updates to Country Director to inform appropriate decision making processes.
- Preparation of a yearly action plan for implementation of the strategy to be broken down into weekly/monthly activity schedule.
- Preparation of quarterly advocacy reports on implementation of the strategy.
- Those duties inherent to the position and requested according to mission needs and context.
- Informing logistics of any security problem encountered in the implementation of the advocacy activities.
- Participation in the updates of security plans and adheres to the adopted measures.
- Coordination of activities with the technical and support teams of Action Against Hunger in the oPt.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Master degree in law or any other related field.
- Strong drafting and verbal communications skills, research and analytical skills and ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong knowledge of the information management, design of questionnaires.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ relevant professional experience in advocacy and communications.
- Good knowledge of the oPt context. Previous working experience on oPt desirable.
- Proven experience of influencing skills to achieve policy change.
- Proven track record of achieving international media coverage, both traditional and new media.
- Solid understanding of the global dynamics: Triple Nexus, CT measures, Grand Bargain….
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and coordination skills and an ability to work independently and as a part of a team to deliver under tight deadline.
- Strong negotiation skills and capacity to promote consortiums and partnerships.
Our remuneration package
We offer the incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Contract duration: 12 months
- Base: Jerusalem
- Salary: 35.000 euro/gross /year
- Per diem and living expenses: Approx. 8.300 euro/year.
- In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged estimated in 15.000 euros/year. This packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (5 working days every 4 months, break per diem: 215 EUR, break travel allowance: up to 400 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in guest house or payment of an allowance covering partially an individual rent (800 USD)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).