Position title:** Head of Regional Training Resources Centre (RTRC) Karen
Working location:** Nairobi Kenya
Supervisor: CVI Representative
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
Context of the position
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
Within the Eastern and Southern Africa region, SOS CV International is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and has member associations in Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia/Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia, Mauritius, Angola and Madagascar.
Mission of the position:
The overall responsibility of the Head of RTRC will be to ensure the effective day-to-day management of the Centre. The Head will be responsible for ensuring: the sustainability of the centre by taking proactive measures to network internally as well as externally to run the facility at optimal capacity; The overall responsibility of the Head will include: Effective preparation and management of budgets ,developing policies and guidelines to improve operational systems and processes, Providing high quality customer service, Managing onsite team which includes recruitment, training and performance management of personnel;: Adhering to strict compliance with SOS policies and procedures and all associated statutory requirements.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
(1) Provide Leadership and Management
The Head of RTRC will provide an overall leadership and management of the center. He/She will:
- Lead the implementation of the strategic annual plan of the centre
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities, the day-to-day activities of running the centre.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Overseeing, leading and monitoring the work of the staff in the centre.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among staff members.
- Monitoring performance and initiating action to strengthen results.
- Monitoring and controlling expenses and budgets.
- Represent SOS CVI and networking with external relevant agencies when it comes to RTRC related issues when delegated by the line manager.
(2) Lead Sustainability agenda of Training Centre
· To engage with all existing customers and potential new customers to strengthen business relations.
· To ensure that Centre operates at maximum capacity
· Conduct ongoing analysis on customer satisfaction and submit reports to management
· Introduce cost efficiency measures
· To propose and implement innovative income generation activities
(3) Compliance with internal and external policies and regulations
· Follow up and effectively implement internal and external audit recommendations
· Adherence to minimum compliance standards such as registration with relevant authorities, food handling certificates, health and safety compliance, etc
· Promote and adhere to high ethical standards
(4) General management of training centre
· Establish a conducive working environment with clear roles and responsibilities of staff
· Oversee all training centre activities
· Operate within established budget and follow-up efficient use of resources in close collaboration with Finance Manager and other team members
· Oversee a plan for the maintenance of the centre’s buildings, grounds, vehicles & equipment.
(5) Position Training center as a lead training hub
· Oversee the development of annual training plan and schedule of training activities in close collaboration with IOR programme team/ training coordinator.
· Build regional and international linkages with internal and external stakeholders, like child minded organisations
· Enhance visibility of training centre by using appropriate and relevant market channels to promote trainings and conference packages
(7)People management responsibility
- Lead the team of co-workers at the Training Centre , managing the performance and ensuring development of direct reports.
- Good consulting, analytical and critical thinking skills, organized and results driven
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication, skills
- Strong Leadership, People management skills.
Positive, energetic self-starter with high level of personal drive and resilience.
Degree in Business Management, Hospitality, Marketing.
A minimum of 7 years proven work experience as a general manager. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.