Position: Grants Internship
Location: Remote Work
Reports to: Grants and Partnership Manager
Duration: 3 Months
Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
RI Turkey is looking for talented, motivated and passionate individuals, who bring knowledge, innovative and critical thinking, different ideas, research and analytical skills, to enhance our capacity to serve Syrian refugees and other vulnerable groups in Turkey.
Due to the COVID crisis, the internship will be remote based; however will offer eligible students or graduates the opportunity to gain experience on the Syria response in Turkey, either in line with their current academic program or interest in future work opportunities.
Under the overall supervision of the Grants and Partnership Manager, the intern will work in support to the relevant departments to provide support in areas with identified gaps. These include: support with the development of research, contributing to rapid needs assessment, funding and program development, and knowledge management. The internship also collaborates with other actors, such as other INGOs/Local NGOs in the field and/or academic institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and Drafting
· Assist with drafting, compiling and editing various studies and reports (research, rapid needs assessments, guidelines, factsheets)
· Conduct desk reviews on a variety of topics as needed by the organization
· Support with compiling best practices and lessons learnt and synthesizing knowledge management resources
· Assist in proposal development and grant writing as needed
· Assist in the development and finalization of key documents i.e. RI Turkey partnership guideline for partners
- Information and knowledge Management
· Prepare trackers of upcoming events, thematic seminars and other annual events related to specialized health, livelihoods and innovation
· Prepare and update regularly a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders;
· Contribute to compiling photos and stories from the field to help create the RI Turkey human interest story series
· Contribute when required to the reporting to national and local authorities as required
- Participation in relevant meetings on behalf of RI
· Assist with drafting of presentations for internal/ external meetings
· Participate as necessary in internal coordination meetings, when requested.
· Have a passion and commitment to humanitarian work and particularly vulnerable populations including refugees, disabled, elderly etc.
· Be enrolled in a school programme in a relevant field to the organization or hold a Bachelor/Master degree in a relevant field to the organization
· Have experience in research, writing and drafting documents
· Be fluent in English (both written and spoken), knowledge of Turkish or Arabic also desirable
· Strong attention to detail, and excellent analytical, writing and synthesis skills;
· Be computer literate in standard software applications including MS Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
· Proactive and critical mind
By the end of your assignment, you should be able to:
Have an increased understanding of the INGO system
Become familiar with the Syria response and particularly the humanitarian needs in Turkey
Critical review program reports and technical documents
Be able to work across a diverse, multi-displinary team
Conditions and Allowances: Due to the COVID crisis the internship is remote based and will not receive any financial support.
· We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
· We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value:
o Transparency and accountability
o Agility and innovation
All RI staff, volunteers and interns must adhere and respect this values.
Professional Standards: All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.