CRS GLOBAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Global Compensation Analyst I
Reports to: Director II, Global Total Rewards
Internal Title: Analyst I
Department: Global People Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD (May be Remotely Located)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS is an established, leading, and growing global relief and development organization with over 7,000 staff located in over 65 countries. CRS’ Global People Resources Department (GPD) has experienced tremendous growth, improvements, and enhancements over the past few years which our Compensation Division has played a vital role. CRS’ Global Compensation Program involves job design, job classification and alignment, as well as focusing on domestic and global compensation employee and survey market data analysis and management.
The Compensation Analyst I manages and analyzes database details for the organization's compensation programs, focusing primarily on US compensation with backup support for global (international) compensation, including expatriate pay and allowances.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Maintaining a robust, data-driven salary structure for CRS' US staff, including clear guidance around grades, salary ranges, compa-ratios (etc.) in line with CRS' approach to total rewards
- Maintaining job title and grade documentation, job descriptions, databases and tables related to job titles, codes, and families and maintaining a website / archive for accessing all such information
- Evaluating and classifying positions into the existing compensation structure, by evaluating scope of responsibilities and influence
- Conducting and participating in salary surveys, interpreting market data and performing salary analysis
- Researching, gathering, and analyzing reliable external data to make salary and job title recommendations for newly created positions
- Providing backup support for Global Sr. Compensation Analyst supporting 65 country programs
- Maintaining clear processes and parameters related to salary adjustment and promotion requests (from managers), evaluating and analyzing such requests and providing clear decisions and context
- Implementing clear processes, parameters, and communications related to CRS' annual performance review / merit increase cycle, in close cooperation with the GPD Talent team
- Recommending and approving job titles, job descriptions, salary ranges and grades for incoming open positions in the recruitment process
- Providing competitive salary analysis to CRS Talent Acquisition Specialists/Recruiters in the salary offer stage of the recruitment process
Communication and Consulting:
- Assisting with the creation, distribution and delivery of communications and/or training around baseline compensation policies, guidelines, and concepts; provided directly to employees and provided to managers to help them have better conversations with their employees
- With the Compensation team, determining and maintaining a compensation transparency approach, consistently providing employees and managers with access to appropriate salary information
- Establishing trust and credibility with colleagues and providing them with timely and professional compensation-related analysis, recommendations, and general consulting services
- In cooperation with HR Business Partners, providing interpretation of Global People Resources / Compensation policies, practices, and guidelines
Analysis and Reporting:
- Consistently auditing / spot-checking CRS records (HRIS) to ensure the accuracy of compensation related data and changes are being processed accurately and quickly
- Preparing statistical analysis and base salary modeling
- Working with Finance to determine the financial impact of compensation plans and programs
- Preparing supporting data for the review of the US annual salary budget
Basic Qualifications (BQs)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- One year experience as an analyst or related position
Supervisory Responsibilities none
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.