The Finance Division (CSF) recommends and administers financial policies and procedures that meet the highest professional standards; keeps accounts that accurately record financial activities and meet the requirements of internal and external audits; prepares reports to accurately portray the financial status of the Organization and its activities; ensures that the Organization's financial resources are securely kept and productively employed while in FAO's custody; oversees financial operations wherever performed in the Organization; and ensures that all disbursements are timely and made in accordance with established policies and procedures.
The post is located in the Finance Division at FAO headquarters in Rome, Italy.
The Finance Officer reports to the Senior Finance Officer, Finance Division.
The Finance Officer is responsible for leading divisional reporting and analysis on financial matters.
The planning and delivery of financial services in accordance with internal policies, UN financial guidelines and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
• Leads and/or participates in Finance Division teams, participates and provides financial expertise on Organization-wide committees or working groups, and/or supervises staff.
• Supervises, oversees and/or contributes to the delivery of financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, and/or investment activities/services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework.
• Develops and updates the supporting operational, policy, accounting, control and/or risk management frameworks, involving the implementation of the latest approaches and methodologies, streamlined business processes, new/revised financial policies, and related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures.
• Analyses financial information for inclusion in statutory reports, management reports, financial statements, and/or reports to donors as well as other specific reports for Governing Bodies, donors and other partners.
• Responds to requests for assistance and provides financial and regulatory advice and assistance to managers at headquarters and Decentralized Offices, etc.
• Develops effective working relationships and resolves problems with banks, other financial institutions, donors, partners, and UN financial executives as well as provides information/clarification to auditors.
• Promotes best practices and capacity development at headquarters and Decentralized Offices, leads and/or participates in training and the development of related training materials.
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
• Coordinates Budget preparation, monitoring and analysis.
• Coordinates responses to external and internal audit.
• Advises the Director on UN Interagency groups, including the Finance and Budget Network.
• Coordinates Internal Control Framework, implementation and monitoring.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field and seven years of relevant experience in finance, accounting, business analysis or related field; OR a first level university degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field and nine years of relevant experience in similar fields and completion of a professional qualification in accountancy (Chartered Accountant [CA], Certified Public Accountant [CPA], Association of Chartered Certified Accountants [ACCA]) or the investment profession (Chartered Financial Analyst [CFA])..
• Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Extent and relevance of experience in accounting and in managing accounting functions, budget management and reporting.
• Extent and relevance of knowledge in IPSAS and financial statement preparation.
• Extent and relevance of knowledge of ERP systems and financial reporting tools.
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is desirable.