The finance Officer provides financial and operational support to the workshop and training activities of Inclusive Primary Education Activity-Cambodia. He/she will be utilizing the QuickBooks Accounting system and appropriate systems and following proper accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds. This position will process perdiem for teachers workshop/training, staff travel advances, payment of vendors and managing Office Operations Advance.
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮 ✔
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
- Share tasks between other Finance Officer for entering financial transactions into QuickBooks, correctly allocation cost by nature of expense per appropriate GL code and appropriate Charge Code, submit to FM for review and approval prior to posting, print QB journal for FM and OD approval, scanned supporting documents and attached to QuickBooks source linked.
- Share tasks with other finance colleague for timely process of running for QuickBooks monthly closing the preliminary extraction and final extraction.
- Work closely with FM for answering any doubtful by the International Compliance and proposed properly answering to the nature of cause per issue raised by international compliance.
- Review request for payment from the Admin/HR department and Procurement Department by ensure that all support documentations are completed and compliant with RTI procurement rules, DOA approval threshold and donor rule or regulation. Inform FM if any finding of non-compliance rule for bring to discuss to find appropriate solution from senior management.
- Process Internet Banking payment to vendor and email to Internet Banking Authorizer for approval then inform vendor for acknowledge receive payment by email confirmation.
- Processes payments for staff travel advances, ensuring advances are liquidated on time and accurately
- Prior to entry into QuickBooks shall stamped PAID & Date all invoices and all support documents appropriate date as same dated on cheque payment/cash payment. Stamped the APPROVED & Date on all invoice up to $100 and above with appropriate date of invoicing.
- Raises journal vouchers or adjusting journals when received comment from international accounting, submit to FM for necessary reviews and approvals by Operations Director.
- Maintain Phnom Penh Office Operations cash advance and making small payment to vendors or staff reimbursement small expenses, recording into operation settlement form, proper support document attaches to the settlement.
- Coordinate with WEI’s colleague for collection master list teacher workshop/training for prepare attendance sheet, collect attendance signed from WEI, prepare perdiem for participants, submit allowance to FM review and OD approval, process internet banking transfer to participants, print statement for attach with payment.
- Back up person for prepare monthly reconcile balance sheet accounts, WHT Reconciliation, VAT reconciliation, and AR aging, AP aging from the QB extraction file.
- Back up person for upload IB payroll when received fully approve staff monthly payroll by OD/COP then process of timely posting internet banking for staff monthly payroll.
- Ensure adequate filing of finance documents with appropriate labelling in chronological order.
- Support for retrieve files to seek for support documents to support for all audit stages.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and have at least 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects.
- Experience in basic accounting. Knowledge of Quick Books or other accounting software is preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing similar projects, with knowledge of and experience working on projects in the education sector in Cambodia highly desired
- Excellent knowledge of advance Excel, and Office application: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing for both English and Khmer language
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts