To lead the Finance Team in Haiti Country Office and making sure that all finance staff in the Country office and field are able to deliver in the best possible manner. S/he will be expected to lead on all aspects of finance activities within finance domain specifically on financial planning and analysis and partner’s financial management. The post holder will play a key role in building capacity for the finance team at field level and partners. The role holder is expected to head department in the absence of Finance Director.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place for Country program and in use at all times;
* Prepare proposal budgets in line with donor guidelines while ensuring that Non- thematic rate of country is achieved.
* Support the Organizational Capacity Assessment process, ensuring all partners are able to meet funding requirements of SCI and back donors if requires
* Work with partnership team to ensure that organizational development plans are in place, and take a leading role in all capacity building for partners in financial systems and process
* Maintain regular communications with field offices and ensure that timely and complete financial support is provided.
* To review and analyze Country Office’s compliance with all local laws.
* Identify learning and training opportunities for Finance staff. Manage the performance of all staff in the finance work area through:
* Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, fraud and other relevant policies and procedures
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.