- Monitor project budget and financial expenditures and their conformity to the work-plan;
- Process requests for direct payments, reimbursement and advance requests;
- Liaise with the respective Units within UNDP on financial and administrative matters and ensure that all administrative and financial transactions are properly carried out according to the requirements of UNDP;
- Actively participate in Annual Work Plan and Budget preparations of the implementing partner;
- Prepare financial reports as per the approved budget and standard UNDP reporting template;
- Keep and manage financial record, and be responsible for day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing regarding project financial management; to UNDP and Implementing Partners;
- Assist in preparing evaluation reports, periodic project reports, project audits, and update projects files;
- Prepare financial reports in line with the National Implementing Manual (NIM)financial rules and procedures according to UNDP’s Implementation Manual for United Nations Agencies Assisted Programs in Ethiopia (PIM);
- Undertake the day-to-day financial management of the project, including managing vouchers and preparing direct payment request (writing of receipts, preparation of payment request forms, receipt and disbursement of cash and clearance of advances;
- Assist in the development of Procurement Plan for the Implementing Partner;
- Provide necessary assistance in the operational management of the programme according to the Programme Document and the NIM procedures;
- Assist in the preparation of project activities, including workshops, meetings, trainings, etc.;
- Make logistical arrangements for invited participants for project activities (DSAs, transportation, hotel bookings, etc.);
- Maintain project inventory, as required;
- Maintain project filing, receive, screen and route incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Contribute to periodic updates of the GDPP by preparing financial reports;
- Perform any other finance related duties as instructed by the supervisor.
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP's Mission, vision and values and that of the Implementing Partner;
- Display Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Share knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skill.
- Good Knowledge of Result Management Guide and Toolkit and perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Result Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software package (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Good sense of team work , inter-personal and conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong and harmonious relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Four years of relevant experience in providing financial management and accounting services, and operational systems;
- Relevant finance and administrative experience in program/project support services with the United Nations;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience and familiarity with UN Agencies program Implementation and reporting requirements, disbursement procedures, submission of withdrawal applications and the maintenance of Designated Accounts;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Knowledge of ATLAS system;
- Experience in managing human resources and logistics and ability to plan own work, setting priorities and completing it under pressure or when faced with competing demands;
- • Specialized certification in accounting and finance is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Amharic.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year with a possibility of extension