Contract Title: External Evaluator FOCO III 2020
Project Code: AGOP000111
Tender Number: AGOC000142
Location: Bie and Huila Provinces of Angola
Contracting Authority: Člověk v tísni, o.p.s. (People in Need, hereinafter PIN) entered in the Register of Non-profit Organizations administered by the Municipal Court in Prague, Volume O, File 119 With its registered office at: Šafaříkova 635/24, 120 00 Prague 2 ID: 257 55 277. Local Office Address: Rua Padre Fidalgo, Kuito, Bié, Angola. Represented by Kaiphas Kakoma based on the power of attorney granted by the director
I. SCOPE OF THE TENDER Qualified tender offers (bids) are sought from competent contractors are sought for the following services:
Provision of external evaluation services for FOCO III project according to the specification in Annex 1: Terms of Reference for FOCO III Evaluation
The winning tenderer may not subcontract the service, or its part(s) to person(s) who is/are not part of the original offer. If the offer is submitted for a team, PIN requires reviewing all persons that will participate in the service pursued, as per the selection criteria stated bellow and in Annex 1: Terms of Reference for FOCO III Evaluation.
II. TENDERING**1. Tender documentation** with detailed instructions for tenderers and forms to be filled by the tenderers can be obtained under this link https://bit.ly/38SRvzt . Tender forms and instructions included in tender documentation must be strictly followed otherwise the tender offer might be excluded.
2. If any of the Tenderers requires any clarification relating to the tender, such question should be sent to PIN by e-mail to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. If PIN answers the question, all other Tenderers will be copied the answer. Communication will be held through e-mail. To ensure that PIN could copy the answer to all tenderers, all Tenderers are advised to send their e-mail contacts to the above-specified PIN e-mail address, or otherwise ensure that PIN knows their contact details. In case the Tenderer does not inform PIN about corresponding e-mail address PIN will send the copy of the answer to any e-mail address available to PIN from public sources and then the Tenderer cannot claim that they/it did not know the same information as other Tenderers. Questions could be answered only until 17 January 2020 COB. PIN does not guarantee that all questions will be answered. Tender offers should not be dispatched before expiry of the period for questions under the preceding point II. 2. of this notice - if the Tenderer dispatches the tender offer before expiry of that period they/it cannot claim that they/it did not know all information as other Tenderers.
3. Tender offers have to be submitted to PIN by email before the closing date 19 January 2020 and time of 23h59 (CET) to following emails address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . Bids received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
4. Tender offer must remain valid for the period of 60 days from the date of closing unless withdrawn in writing before the close of tenders.
III. QUALIFICATION AND EVALUATION CRITERIA
To accept or reject the tender is the responsibility of the Tender Committee, decision of which shall be final.
The tender evaluation committee will evaluate and award the contract on the basis of the following evaluation criteria:
-Relevant qualification – based on submitted docs (10%)
-Professional expertise and experience - based on submitted docs (35%)
- Proposed methodology - based on evaluation proposal (30%)
- Price (25%). Please note that the maximum price stipulated for this tender is 12,300EUR (including any applicable taxes and fees). Tenderers quoting a higher price will be diswualifies from the tender.
- Selection method (selection criteria evaluation):Each evaluation criteria will obtain between 0 and 10 point, 10 point being the maximum, 0 points the minimum and the points obtained will be multiplied by criterion weight. For price, the following formula will be used: PriceA/PriceB criteria weight 10. Price A = most convenient price for PIN from all submitted offers; Price B = actual price offered by the tenderer.
Supplier with highest sum of points is the winner of the tender.
IV. EXCLUSION AND DISQUALIFICATION
- PIN shall exclude from the tender any bid of a tenderer falling into any of the following cases:
a. They are bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into an arrangement with creditors, have suspended business activities, are the subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are in any analogous situation arising from a similar procedure provided for in national legislation or regulations;
b. They or persons having powers of representation, decision-making or control over them have been convicted of an offence concerning their professional conduct by a judgement that has the force of res judicata;
c. They have been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means that the contracting authority can justify;
d. They have not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or those of the Czech Republic or those of the country where the contract is to be performed;
e. They or persons having powers of representation, decision making or control over them have been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation, money laundering or any other illegal activity;
f. They do engage in the employment of children, disrespect basic social rights and working conditions based on international labour standards;
g. They have engaged in the trafficking in persons and have provided any support (direct or indirect) of terrorism, including the financing of terrorism, or transactions with persons connected with terrorism;
h. They are currently subject to an administrative penalty imposed by donor or have been listed by the donor as ineligible for participation in award procedures financed by donor´s money;
i. Candidate might be excluded on the basis of another procurement procedure or grant award procedure financed by PIN or donor of the project, under which they have been declared to be in serious breach of contract for failure to comply with their contractual obligations;
j. They or any of their employees, associates or other persons related to them provided technical assistance to PIN under that same procurement procedure.
Points (a) to (d) do not apply to the purchase of supplies on particularly advantageous terms from either a supplier, which is definitively winding up its business activities, or the receivers or liquidators of a bankruptcy, through an arrangement with creditors, or through a similar procedure under national law.
Tenderers shall declare they are in none of the situations listed above by the signature of sworn eligibility statement form.
- Bids of tenderers shall be disqualified from the tender who, during the procurement procedure:
a. tenderer is subject to a conflict of interest;
b. tenderer has not stated true facts or has misinterpreted information required by PIN, or fails to provide timely such information or to provide required documents stated by PIN as condition for participation in the tender;
c. tenderer does not meet the PIN qualification criteria or requirements stipulated in the tender documentation.
d. enderer has fulfilled the exclusion condition mentioned above in preceding article (Part 2, Article I.), points c) or i) during the last 2 years prior to the launch of the tender.
V. CANCELLATION OF THE TENDER
PIN may cancel the announced tender or not conclude contract with the winning tenderer in the following cases:
Case A: PIN has not received any bid, or none of the bids received was qualitatively and/or financially worthwhile or all the bids received have been disqualified from the tender Procedure: PIN has the right to cancel tender and launch simplified procedure with a single tenderer
CASE B: Major discrepancies have been found in the Tender Notice or other supporting documentation of the tender Procedure: PIN has the right to to cancel tender and announce a new tender
CASE C: Serious circumstances have occurred during the tender which prevent PIN to continue the tender Procedure: PIN has the right to cancel tender and launch simplified procedure with a single tenderer
CASE D: Only one bid**,** complying with the tender conditions, has been submitted Procedure: PIN has the right to cancel tender and launch simplified procedure with a single tenderer CASE E: The winning tenderer refuse to sign contract with PIN, have not stated true facts in their bid or their bid is at dumping price or otherwise jeopardizes free competition in the market (e.g. forbidden supplier agreements, cartels, abuse of the leading position in the market). Procedure: PIN has the right to cancel tender or to accept a bid of the tenderer who ranked as the second best or at other rank in the tender
VI. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- The Tenderer shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of the Tender, and PIN will in no case be responsible or liable for such costs.
- The contract is concluded with the winning tenderer. Should the winning tenderer fail to provide to PIN the necessary cooperation to conclude the contract within the period of 30 days upon the tender results notice, PIN can further negotiate with the second best tenderer that shall be considered the winning tenderer. Should they fail to conclude the contract with the second best tenderer within 15 days following the notice, PIN is allowed to cancel the tender. Notice of results shall be deemed the third day following the day of dispatch of the tender results notice.
- The winning tenderer may not subcontract the service, or its part(s) to person(s) who is/are not part of the original offer. If the offer is submitted for a team, PIN requires reviewing all persons that will participate in the service pursued, as per the selection criteria stated below and in TOR.
- Tender offer (bid submitter by the tenderer) shall consist of the following documents:
- Sworn Elegibility Statement (Annex 2) – signed
- CV(s) and docs proving expertise and experience of the evaluator/evaluation team (including up to 3 examples of previous relevant work)
- Techical proposal describing proposed methodology
- Financial Proposal
- PIN reserves the right to cancel the tender without giving any reason. VIII. OTHER CONDITIONS
Further negotiations with a tenderer the about price and conditions are allowed if the negotiation is directed at making the bid more favourable for PIN.
In justified cases after receiving bids and/or during the negotiation (especially if it becomes apparent, that none of the tenderers can execute the contract in its full extent) PIN is entitled to split the contract between two or more suppliers so, that each of them will supply part of the contract. This decision must be announced to all bidders so, that they have chance to modify their bids.
In case additional services would prove to be necessary for finalization of the activity for which this tender is published, PIN reserves the right to procure them from the winner of this tender under a negotiated procedure on the basis of a single tender if the potential extension of the contract for a value and duration wouldn´t exceed the value and the duration of the initial contract awarded under this tender.
Tenderers will be notified about the results of the tender via e-mail within 7 working days after the termination of the tender.
List of Annexes:
Annex 1 Terms of Reference for FOCO III evaluation
Annex 2: Sworn Eligibility Statement
TERMS OF REFERENCE
EXTERNAL CONSULTANT FOR FINAL PROJECT EVALUATION (FOCO III)
Project Title: FOCO III – Promotion of women’s groups from civil society and empowerment of young women in the provinces of Bie and Huila
Position: Evaluation Consultant
Reports to: Head of Programs
Key internal communication: FOCO III program staff and M&E staff in PIN Angola
Location: Bie and Huila Provinces, Angola
Duration: 6 weeks. The evaluation should take place in February-March 2020
People in Need (PIN) Angola is seeking evaluation consultant to conduct and external evaluation to assess the outcome and impact of PIN’s FOCO III project.
People in Need (PIN)
People in Need (PIN) is an international NGO founded in Czech Republic in 1992, today one of the largest international NGOs in Central/Eastern Europe. PIN conducts activities in emergency relief, development, governance, and human rights, and operates in over 50 countries. PIN is a member of Alliance 2015, a network of seven international NGOs engaged in relief and development aid. PIN began its operations in Angola in 2006 in Kuemba district of Bié province, one of the areas most affected by the armed conflict. Since then, the projects have been expanded to the provinces of Huambo, Huíla, Luanda and Uíge. PIN has programmes in various sectors - education, health, maternal and child health, nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, gender and civil society, and protection. The actions seek community participation and engagement, the creation of synergies with local authorities and the development of participatory and innovative alliances with the private sector.
FOCO III PROJECT (DECEMBER 2016 TO JANUARY 2020)
At the end of 2016, PIN Angola and its local partner ASY (Soka Yola Association) started to implement the FOCO III project - Promotion of women's groups from civil society and empowerment of young women in the provinces of Bié and Huíla. The project, funded by the European Union Delegation in Angola and co-financed by the Embassy of the Netherlands, aims to strengthen the capacities of women's organizations in order to increase their participation in decision- making processes concerning violence against women and children.
The general objective of the action is to contribute to the creation of an environment prone to gender equality in Angola
The specific objective of the project is to increase women's agency capacities, strengthening their mutual cooperation in order to act together for the insertion of gender equality in the decision-making and implementation mechanisms of public policies on gender issues in Bié and Huíla.
The project has three expected outputs: Enhanced technical capacities of young women CSO members for active participation in social decision-making spaces
- Technical skills of 20 young women leaders developed to act as agents of change in the development and implementation of gender projects in their communities.
- Improved gender sensitivity of members of the Bié and Huíla communities through public campaigns on existing gender laws and public policies*
2. Objective and Scope of Evaluation
- Assess whether the project has achieved the expected results as specified below in relation to relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability
- Draw lessons and recommendations that will improve the future programming of PIN and its partners in the gender and civil society sector in Angola.**Scope:**
The evaluation will assess all project components in all areas of intervention (Bié and Huila) and assess their performance against the criteria mentioned above.
The evaluation study will analyse the entire project implementation period from 15 December 2016 to 15 January 2020.
3. Key Evaluation Questions
In accordance with the OECD/DAC criteria, the final evaluation will focus on the following main issues:
- To what extent is the focus of the project, namely
a) the empowerment of women and women's CSOs,
b) the dialogue between CSOs and public institutions,
c) the participation of young women in social decision-making spaces
d) tackling gender-based violence aligned with
e) government policies and efforts
f) needs of young women in the two provinces?
- To what extent have the objective and the modified results of the project been achieved?
- What were the main external factors that influenced the implementation of the project and its impact?
- Has the project been implemented in the most efficient way compared to existing alternatives?
- To what extent has the project contributed to the active participation of women in social decision- making spaces?
- What real difference has the project made in the lives of the beneficiaries?
- To what extent has the project influenced the gender sensitivity of public institutions and communities?
- To what extent are the women's organizations benefiting from the project likely to continue their work after the end of the project?
- What are the main factors, internal and external to the project, that will positively or negatively influence its sustainability?**
The evaluation will be carried out using qualitative data collection methods: review of documents, key informants interviews (KII), focus groups discussions and direct observations.
The methodological approach will be outlined by the evaluator in the proposal ─ indicating the expected coverage in terms of locations and the number of planned interviews and focus groups ─ and designed in detail in the inception report.
a) Revision of documents - Updated project proposal, baseline and mid-term review studies, final study, internal narrative reports;
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation Tools;
- Minutes, attendance sheets, strategic plans, etc. of relevant meetings and presentations.
b)** Field Research
- Key Informant Interviews (KII) with: a) PIN project staff and ASY partner; b) beneficiaries CSO members; c) local government members, capturing separately the perspectives of different demographic groups (e.g. male/female; older/younger);
- Focus Groups Discussions (FGD) with men and women from the target communities.
5. Expected Outcomes
Inception Report: Evaluator presents clarifications about the methodology (including list of documents to be reviewed, sources of information, tools, work schedule).
Validation presentation: Presentation with initial results.
Draft of the final report: Full report (maximum 3 pages of executive summary, with a maximum of 25 pages of main chapters excluding annexes and forward-looking pages). Annexes should include 2 one-page case studies on: 1) technical capacities of target young women/Young Women Associations; 2) representation of target young women/young women associations in social-decision making spaces.
Final Report: Revised report incorporating feedback from PIN.
These deliverables must be:
-Prepared in English and in Portuguese: the Inception Report
- Prepared in Portuguese: Validation Presentation, Draft Final Report, Final Report.
- Submitted to the PIN electronically via e-mail (to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. EVALUATION REPORT
Desired structure of the evaluation report:
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Summary of the evaluation, with particular emphasis on the main findings, conclusions, lessons learned and recommendations (Bilingual French and English).
INTRODUCTION: Description of the evaluated intervention, its logic, history, organisation and stakeholders. Presentation of the evaluation’s purpose and questions.- METHODOLOGY: Description of the sampling strategy and methods used for data collection; description of the limitations.
FINDINGS: Factual evidence relevant to the questions asked by the evaluation and interpretations of such evidence (answered evaluation questions).
CONCLUSIONS: Assessments of intervention results and performance against given evaluation criteria and standards of performance.
Problems and needs (Relevance)
Achievement of purpose (Effectiveness)
Sound management and value for money (Efficiency)
(Likely) Achievement of wider effects (Impact)
Likely continuation of achieved results (Sustainability)
LESSONS LEARNED: General conclusions with a potential for wider application and use (at least 5 pages of the document)
RECOMMENDATIONS: Specific and actionable proposals regarding improvements of the project or management addressed to the client of the evaluation or other intended users. - ANNEXES: Case Studies, Terms of Reference, Logframe, references, etc.
ACTIVITIES /TIMING / COMPLETION DATE
- Preparation (inception report) / one week / February
- Field visit (including data collection) / two weeks / February
- Draft of the Final Report / two weeks / March
- Final Report / one week / March
8. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS Minimum 2 years of experience in conducting studies, collecting data and producing quality baseline/midterm/endline reports, preferably for international non-governmental organisations or multilateral agencies (mandatory).
* Sectoral expertise and experience in projects related to gender and civil society (preferential, non-mandatory)
* Good knowledge of Angola (mandatory) and preferably Bié and Huíla
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Portuguese and English (mandatory)
* Experience of effective interaction with local NGOs, government departments, and communities (preferred, not mandatory)
* Evidence of similar work in the recent past (mandatory)**9. APPLICATION PROCESS**
Applicants are requested to send their applications by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "FOCO III_ Avaliação_Angola"**. The application deadline is 19 January 2020 by 23h59.**
Candidates must submit:
- CV demonstrating previous experience in evaluation (references related to evaluations/monitoring/data collection and/or analysis are welcome);
- Brief evaluation proposal including: a) methodology, b) indicative evaluation schedule, c) budget (including all taxes, daily value and total value, international flights and domestic flights, visa (if necessary);
- Up to 3 examples of relevant previous work (evaluation reports related to similar projects).**
When preparing the budget, applicants should consider that PIN should provide the consultant:
- a car with a driver and fuel to carry out the necessary work in the provinces of Bié and Huíla;
- Support in obtaining visa documents, if necessary. Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
10. APPLICATIONS’ EVALUATION
PIN applies a transparent selection process based on the following criteria:
Relevant qualification (as per information provided in the CV(s)) – 10%
- Specific training
Professional expertise and experience of the evaluator/evaluation team (as per information provided in the CV(s) and example(s) of previous work – 35%
- Conducting evaluations and/or research
- Using quantitative/qualitative methods; analysis of quantitative/qualitative data; meaningful interpretation of findings and recommendations
- Knowledge of relevant sector/thematic area
- Knowledge of geographic area/country/region
- Work for international non-governmental organizations or multilateral agencies
- Spoken and written Portuguese
Proposed methodology (as per evaluation proposal)- 30%
- Adequacy of the proposed methods, including approach to measuring impact and addressing attribution problem
- Use of participatory methods
- Addressing gender (in data collection/analysis and in evaluation team)
- Data analysis
- Number of field research and desk research days Price (in AOA or EUR, as per financial proposal, including any applicable taxes and fees) – 25%
Each evaluation criterion will score between 0 and 10 points, 10 points being the maximum, 0 points the minimum and multiplied by the weight of the criteria. For the price criterion formula will be as follows: PriceA / PriceB weight criteria (0.45 ) 10. A price = most convenient price for the PIN of all offers sent; B price = actual price offered by the bidder.
11. PAYMENT MODALITIES AND SPECIFICATIONS
The maximum budget available for evaluation is 12,300 EUR (in words: twelve thousand and three hundred euros) or 6,545,000 AOA (in words: six million, five hundred and forty-five thousand Angolan kwanza).
20% - Following the signature of the Contract on Evaluation Services
30% - After the draft final evaluation report has been submitted and approved by PIN
50% - After the final version of the final Evaluation Report has been submitted and approved by PIN
PIN reserves the right to deduct up to 0.5% of the total price of the contract for each day of delay in meeting the deliveries specified. This deduction will be applied to the last payment of 50% of the contract price.