IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT support for IFC's Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company. A robust engagement model with business ensures prioritization of the business requirements & focus on delivery. The application landscape encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, Investran, etc.) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
CIT’s Operations unit (CITOP) is seeking a Business Analyst, with strong business analytical and technical skills to work with internal clients to successfully develop, build and implement business solutions working along with a geographically distributed development team. The position will suit a highly motivated and versatile candidate who can demonstrate relentless attention to detail and who can communicate with non-technical clients. The candidate requires strong theoretical background and substantial experience in information technology, banking or investment operation, good requirements collection and interviewing capabilities, strong analytical skills to critically evaluate gathered information, and high proficiency in the development of business/technical requirements documentation for medium scale information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitate and lead requirements gathering (user story definitions in the case of agile projects) sessions with IFC business, subject matter experts and teams, producing basic documentation while addressing their ongoing project needs.
• Document requirements or user stories with clear user acceptance criteria and simple functional specifications, under guidance including use cases and business process diagrams
• Work on system analysis, design and development of complex systems that integrate with enterprise strategic directions.
• Conduct business process analysis meetings with business users and document in detail system processes in diagrammatic and textual format
• Gain an understanding of existing systems' functionality, compare current/envisioned business processes to system functionality, and document gaps
• Validate and obtain sign-off for functional requirements/specifications, under guidance.
• Participate in prioritization of requirements with business and vendor teams
• Collaborate with QA lead to ensure Testing Strategy covers all Business Requirements
• Track and report on project progress against defined requirements throughout the project life cycle.
• Create and assist in execution and development of functional user acceptance test plans and scripts
• Contribute to the development of project plans by identifying key milestones and raising critical project issues such as resource needs and contingencies.
• Support post-implementation activities and transition to a business/technical sustained state (e.g., warranty period support).
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in Project Management or relevant area or master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.• Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of experience in IT program/project management. Experience & knowledge in SDLC, SCRUM/Agile methodologies are required.• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Certification is a plus• Experience in SQL is a plus
IFC values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of IFC member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.