Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). IBRD and IDA are commonly known as the World Bank.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CMPVP is recruiting an individual to join the privacy operations team in providing practical advice to business units and analyzing the effectiveness of various privacy initiatives within the World Bank. This role will play a critical part in supporting the development of privacy initiatives within all business units at the World Bank, including advising on a range of privacy, data protection and compliance initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work as part of the privacy operations team and provide support to various business units.
• Evaluate responses to Privacy Self-Assessments (PSA) and Data Protection Impact assessments (DPIA).
• Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in various areas of WB data privacy activities.
• Assist in planning and organizing various activities.
• Conduct research as needed.
• Conduct compliance assessments on business units as needed.
• Provide business units, process owners and Privacy Focal Points with practical privacy advice as needed.
• Create charts, workflows, and presentations as needed.
• Create and develop content for privacy awareness sessions.
• Provide support and assistance for the Senior Compliance Officer and Compliance Officer, Privacy Operations.
• Assist in conducting privacy assessments of the various business units.
• Carry out just in time research on data privacy topics applicable to the World Bank.
• Review ppf documents and their applicability to the various WB privacy initiatives.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Educational Degree: Master’s degree in law or similar field, with a minimum 2 years of professional experience.
2. IAPP certification required.
3. Experience with global privacy laws and regulations, especially those relevant for international organizations.
4. Experience with research regarding privacy and data use.
5. Experience conveying research findings and implications to diverse audiences.
6. Hands-on experience in a regulated financial institution, multilateral development bank, university and/or other similar setting working on development and implementation of Privacy Program.
7. Proven analytics experience, including in generating regular reports, data collection, analysis, and synthesis, creating reporting dashboards, other relevant experience.
8. Excellent Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, other Microsoft Office applications, and iGrafx skills.
9. Proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision.
10. Hands-on and action-oriented approach.
11. Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills in English.
12. Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, development work.
13. Energy, personal integrity, curiosity, interest in learning, innovative and creative.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.