Be our Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Safe Schools expert in Vanuatu. Your technical leadership will define strategic direction and ensure high quality DRR and Safe Schools programming. We need you to work with our strong and dedicated program team to refine and improve our work. Your specialist input will ensure we are reaching our ambitious goals and delivering long term change for children.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We run programs throughout the Pacific and overseas and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought or conflict – we are there on the ground.
Where you come in:
This is a full time, 3 year maximum term position based in our Port Vila office. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership to Vanuatu’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Safe Schools programs defining strategic direction and ensuring high quality programming. You will be part of our DRR team and report to our Program Director.
You will make an impact by:
* Supporting and monitoring the strategic direction of our safe schools and DRR work
* Providing technical leadership in DRR and Safe Schools across the portfolio
* Contributing to proposal development, training/coaching and interagency coordination
* Upskilling programs teams to deliver high quality DRR and safe schools programming
If we could compose the perfect you…
…You have highly developed interpersonal skills and a cultural awareness that gives you the ability to communicate and engage with key populations. You are passionate about your sector and channelling your expertise to benefit children and families.
This role requires:
* Tertiary qualification/s in Disaster Management, Climate Change, Education, International Development and/or relevant disciplines
* At least 3 to 5 years’ experience of designing DRR and Safe Schools programs for an international organisation
* Understanding and familiarity with global and regional models or frameworks for DRR and Safe Schools, including national DRR and Education policies and strategies
* Demonstrated experience in leading assessment activities and of designing, managing, monitoring and evaluating programmes for international NGOs
* Competency in facilitation, capacity building, coaching and mentoring
* Travel approximately 20% of work time as and when required
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. We offer a competitive salary, a friendly and flexible work environment, and great career opportunities – both locally and internationally.
Ni-Vanuatu applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
We’d love to hear from you.
Submit your cover letter and resume through the below link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications close 19th July 2020.
Position Description - Disaster Risk Reduction and S afe Schools Advisor
At Save the Children, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making Save the Children a great place to work.
As part of the selection process, you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment and psychometric assessment to help us determine your suitability for the role.
Save the Children is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check where necessary, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.