PIN has a long track record of operating in Ukraine and Moldova, through its relief, development and human rights programmes combined.
In Eastern Ukraine, PIN is one of the main international NGOs providing humanitarian assistance on both sides of the Line of Contact. In addition to ongoing humanitarian interventions, PIN is transitioning towards early recovery and development interventions supporting livelihoods, good governance and skills of conflict-affected population on the Government Controlled Areas.
In Moldova, PIN aims to reduce poverty and inequalities, with a focus on rural areas. Its development programmes span over three main sectors: sustainable livelihoods and environment; civil society development and social inclusion.
More information on Moldova and Ukraine country programmes are available on our website, www.peopleinneed.cz as well as on the dedicated Facebook pages.
The main role of the Desk Officer is to be the closest partner of the Country Programme and, together with its leadership, he/she is responsible for its proper management and development.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Prague, Czech Republic with occasional trips to the Country Programmes (CP).
You will become a part of the Europe and South Caucasus team of Relief and Development Department in Prague. As a Desk Officer, you will be the closest partner of the country programmes and, together with its leadership, you will be responsible for its proper management and development. Together with the CP's management, you will also cooperate on the fulfilment of the country strategies. You will participate in the staffing of the mission and induction of newly recruited senior staff. For your colleagues at CP level, you will be the main HQ contact, when coordinating the agenda, supporting of other PIN departments and connecting them with the CPs. You will build relationships with partners, experts and donors in the Czech Republic and abroad, and last, but not least, you will control that CP is in accordance with the internal rules and principles of the organization.
For this position we consider important:
- Experience with project management and team leadership in the non-profit environment and abroad
- At least 1 year experience designing, managing, coordinating and/or monitoring development and/or humanitarian projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with different groups of people and respect their different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to strengthen relationships with partners and donors in the Czech Republic and abroad
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to organize your work independently and approach things positively even in situations when job requests are rapidly developing
- Proactivity, analytical thinking, and ability to quickly learn the organization’s internal processes
What we offer:
- Background and professionalism of the Czech largest non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach (possibility to travel to the CP)
- Starting salary based on salary scale 36 000 – 40 000 CZK before taxes
- Per diems when traveling abroad of 1000 CZK per day spent in our country programmes
- PIN covers all costs related the traveling abroad – medical check-ups, flights, travel insurance and accommodation
- People in Need is encouraging professional development and participation in trainings in Czech Republic and abroad
- 25 days of annual leave
- Home office
- Multisport card
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values