General Job Description:
- The Deputy Country Director/Operations is a member of the Mission Coordination Team co-responsible with the Country Director for the overall development, management and quality control of the operations in the mission. The position will carry out the duties in close collaboration with the other departments and Action Against Hunger partners; under the overall supervision of the Country Director.
- The Deputy Country Director for Operations will ensure that priorities for the team are coordinated with the Deputy Country Director Support and the Hub Coordinator according to the strategy designed by SMT and approved by CD and HQ. Key Activities:
Objective 1: Supervision of Programmes/ Contract Implementation
- Under the CD supervision and guidance, liaise with donors, partners (consortium partners or local partners) for the coordination of programmes implementation in order to ensure quality in delivery, alignment with priorities and compliance with signed contracts and agreements.
- Coordinate the outputs of the Information Management team and promotes the linkages with MEAL department.
- Co-lead the process of project/program integration with partners and governmental bodies following MoUs signed, ensuring compliance to partners’ and authorities’ rules and procedures.
Objective 2: National and Local Partners identification, assessment, selection and follow-up
- Propose and co-lead new partners identification according to Mission Strategy.
- Maintain relations with partners and ensure appropriate coordination with Hub Coordinator in relation to the low visibility ones.
- Support Country Director in identification and selection of new partners and joint design of new programs.
Objective 3: Program development
- Knowledge and technical exchange of Action Against Hunger Technical policies, methodologies, programming and proposals.
- Promote inter departmental participation (programme and support) in the design and formulation, with special emphasis to ensure that warehousing capabilities is considered in programme design.
- Lead participatory workshops to brainstorm and design programmes main body: problem tree, solution tree, logical framework, activity and budget forecast.
Objective 4: Mission strategy
- Promote the innovation of strategic and technical approaches in the mission, in line with the overall Action Against Hunger strategy.
- Participate in the strategy development and revision; support SMT in elaboration of joint strategies WASH/FSL/Health and Nut/Advocacy and ensure the Technical Strategy and the Support strategy are aligned and coherent, and fit perfectly.
- In Coordination with the Deputy Support and the Hub Coordinator, and under the direct supervision of CD, develop a yearly action plan based upon the mission strategy.
Bachelor, Master or PHD Degree; Fields of socioeconomic development, humanitarian and development cooperation, international relations, business development, knowledge of advocacy.
Specific expertise in Programming supervision, Management of Partnerships, Relation with a diversity of stakeholders, Data analysis and Proposal writing.
Team management and leadership.
Knowledge of Action against Hunger: an asset.
Minimum 5 Years in similar position.
Fluent English; Arabic is desired.
Compulsory knowledge of Windows, word, excel, power point, use of email and internet tools.
Mobility: Nationally and Internationally.
We offer the incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Contract duration: 12 months.
- Base: Damascus - Syria.
- Gross Salary: 42,120 EUR/year.
- Per diem and living expenses: Approx. 10.560 EUR/year (to be pay in local currency).
- In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged that includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.).
- Break flights/trips to defined area (up to 500 EUR).
- Break Per Diem (215 EUR).
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket.
- Accommodation and housing expenses.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
- Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted and recruitment will be closed as soon as qualified candidate is selected.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.