POSTION GENERAL OBJECTIVE
The position leads programme development and strategy within the Syria mission. As a general objective it is required to:
- Contribute to the mission strategic planning and priorities related to geographical areas of work, support technical coordinators and other operational staff, coaching and periodic evaluations.
- Regular field visits to follow up mission activities and direct support to mission staff in the field as well as constant and regular communication with others international organizations present in country, for coordination of activities and information exchange. Should be familiar with consortium modalities, as well as act as country director in the CD absence.
The Deputy Country Director -Programmes is a member of the Senior Management team, responsible under the supervision of the Country Director for the overall development, management, and quality control of the operations in the mission. The position holder will discharge their duties in close collaboration with the other departments and Action Against Hunger partners, under the overall supervision of the Country Director.
The Deputy Country Director Programmes will ensure that priorities for the team are coordinated with the Deputy Country Director Support, Operations Coordinator and the Hub Coordinator according to the strategy designed by SMT and approved by CD and HQ.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Supervision of Programmes/ Contract Implementation
- Under the CD supervision and guidance, liaise with donors, partners (senior partnership manager, secretariat, consortium partners or local partners) for the coordination of programme quality and implementation in alignment with priorities and compliance with signed contracts and agreements
- Manage and instruct the technical advisors in coordination with the operations coordinator and field coordinators (HoB). In the delivery and implementation of programmes according to the country strategy
- Coordinate the outputs of the Information Management team and promotes the linkages with MEAL department
- Co-lead the process of project/program integration with partners and governmental bodies following MoUs signed, ensuring compliance to partners’ and authorities’ rules and procedures
Objective 2: National and Local Partners identification, assessment, selection and follow-up
- Propose and co-lead new partners identification according to Mission Strategy
- Maintain relations with partners and ensure appropriate coordination with Hub Coordinator in relation to the low visibility ones
- Support Country Director in identification and selection of new partners and joint design of new programmes and restructuring of field offices and programmed delivery.
Objective 3: Program development
- Knowledge and technical exchange of Action Against Hunger Technical policies, methodologies, programming, and proposals.
- Promote inter departmental participation (across the mission) in the design and formulation, with specific emphasis on the technical capacity in the core sectors, Health & Nutrition, WASH & Shelter, FSL/CASH and Protection
- Lead participatory workshops in the design of programming quality, project cycle, problem tree, solution tree, logical framework, activity, and budget forecast.
Objective 4: Mission strategy
- Promote the innovation of strategic and technical approaches in the mission, in line with the overall Action Against Hunger strategy.
- Participate in the strategy development and revision; support SMT in elaboration of joint strategies WASH/FSL/Health and Nut/Advocacy and ensure the Technical Strategy and the Support strategy are aligned and coherent
- In Coordination with the Deputy Support, Operations Coordinator, and the Hub Coordinator, under the direct supervision of CD, develop a yearly action plan based upon the mission strategy.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor and/or Master in the Field of socioeconomic development, humanitarian and development cooperation, international relations, business development, humanitarian action and peacebuilding
- Specific expertise in Programming supervision, Management of Partnerships, Relation with a diversity of stakeholders, Data analysis and Proposal writing
- Team management and leadership
- Knowledge of Action against Hunger: an asset
- Minimum 5 Years in similar position
- Humanitarian sector knowledge:a plus
- English, Spanish – French – Arabic: A plus
- Compulsory knowledge of Windows, word, excel, power point, use of email and internet tools
- Both Mobility (national/ international)
Our remuneration package:
We offer the incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Contract duration: 12 months.
- Base: Damascus - Syria.
- Starting salary from 55.201 euros/gross/year based on the candidates experience and competencies
- In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged that includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.).
- Break flights/trips to defined area (up to 500 EUR).
- Break Per Diem (215 EUR).
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket.
- Accommodation and housing expenses.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- No family status position.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
- Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted and recruitment will be closed as soon as qualified candidate is selected.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.