Scope: The Department Manager is responsible for a large range of administrative functions to ensure all RAI HQ activities move forward as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Finance and Procurement
• Initiate administrative expenses in support of the RAI HQ Department’s operation and submit proper documentation and budget coding through Integra.
• Ensure timely payments for goods and services and process vendor contracts in accordance with IRC’s Anti-Terrorism Compliance policy.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
• Provide proactive, timely & high-quality engagement with key strategic stakeholders and partners, with responsibility for communication with key vendors, partners, and suppliers.
• Conduct P-3 card tracking and reporting through Integra (monthly).
• Act as RAI Super User for Integra, submit purchase order requests and carry out Integra requests for the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members as needed.
• Manage VP calendar, communicate conflicts in a timely manner and proactively coordinate changes with meeting attendees.
• Provide travel, scheduling, and meeting support and coordination to the VP and scheduling support to other ELT members when needed.
Meeting and conference management
• Plan, schedule and facilitate weekly and monthly department-wide meetings and conference calls. Ensure meetings and internal conferences run efficiently and effectively by managing calendar invites and conference call details, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing any needed materials, taking minutes and actions as requested, and coordinating follow-up.
• Execute a plan to organize the annual Executive Directors Conference and other department conferences and trainings as requested by supervisor. Prepare and manage budgets, participate in planning committees, and organize logistics for trainings and conferences.
• Meet and greet external visitors to HQ and support ELT with donors visiting and/or monitoring RAI programming.
• Support welcoming and scheduling IRC field staff visiting HQ.
• Support with reviewing and updating RAI’s RescueNet pages.
• Provide high-level support for the preparation of communications, presentations, and meeting materials.
• Receive and greet visitors as needed.
• Collect and copyedit updates for SLG bi-weekly Update.
• Respond to day-to-day communications on general RAI issues in a timely manner.
Human Resource management
• Provide orientation materials to new HQ staff, interns, and volunteers, including up-to-date organizational charts for the department.
• Provide administration support to finance related to NovaTime reporting.
• Collect ELT team and RAI HQ department attendance records and collect and track Time and Effort Report for RAI HQ staff.
• Ensure all HR paperwork is accurately completed for new and departing HQ staff, interns and volunteers and that materials (laptops, ID card) are retained by IRC upon departure.
Other Administrative Tasks
• Assist senior leadership with the preparation, editing, scanning, copying, and distribution of written correspondence as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain a resource library as needed and provide updated information to staff.
• Work with Regional teams, RAI offices, and other staff to ensure that distribution lists and address lists are kept up-to-date.
• Liaise with other HQ departments as needed on issues related to IT, office services, global supply chain, HR, etc. as requested.
• Assist with financial- and security-related issues, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent administrative experience.
• 2 years of administrative or project management experience preferred.
• Solid organizational skills; detail-oriented; ability to prioritize, and to learn quickly.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with people within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• A team player, flexible work attitude, calm and independent performer
• Maintain a high level of efficiency, composure, professionalism and optimism in high-pressured situations.
• Proven writing and editing skills: a quick and accurate reviewer and editor.
• Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in humanitarian assistance and non-profit work an advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.