The Role: Project Lead - Data and Analytics
The role of the Data and Analytics Project Lead will be to initiate and deliver on our Data and Analytics priorities for Save the Children to include ensuring we have a clear strategy and path to reach our defined outcomes. Initially the key focus will be to establish and mobilise the project team and setup the required governance to manage the required transformation priorities as well as ensure there is a robust process to effectively assess and prioritise data and analytics needs across the organisation and match these with available business and IT capabilities to meet needs in line with priorities and resource availability. Once we have the initial team and governance in place we then need to ensure a focus on scope definition to include understanding our current state, required future state and what needs to happen to close the gap between the two. The Data and Analytics Project Lead will in parallel need to manage the definition and implementation of the data and analytics demand and supply process and manage the implementation of the agreed interventions as well as the ongoing process through the life of the transformation, transitioning to Business as Usual and beyond under the guidance of the SCI CIO and associated governance.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Hands on delivery experience working in the area of Data and Analytics for a complex organisation
* Experience working in a leadership role for a global Data and Analytics transformation including managing the operational process to understand and scope demand, prioritise via governance and match to available supply of capabilities and technologies where relevant
* Experience leading global teams to implement a transformation agenda
* Demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of programme and project practices and standards
* A proven ability to deliver projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance
* Proven experience of using and leading change management activities including change impact
* A proven ability to apply excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and to work collaboratively to deliver of effective solutions to project related issues. This will include taking on hands on analysis activities to support the wider team as required
* Experience leading business development including defining business need and objectives, determining options and effort required and translating this into a proposal to be submitted for consideration with the relevant governance bodies
* Highly developed organisational awareness and ability to understand any sensitivities within a complex multi-stakeholder structure; and think creatively and strategically to overcome obstacles to cooperation and progress
* Team leadership capabilities to support and guide team members and ensure they are clear on their responsibilities and are held to account for their delivery
* Strong business requirements collection, and process/workflow analysis skills
* Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation
* Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
* Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
* Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
* Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic
* Experience working on Organisational Design Initiatives including setup of a new function in a global organisation
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We are looking for candidates that are based in countries where Save the Children operates.
This role is a Mid-Senior Level and we can offer circa £64,000 per annum salary (if based in UK)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.