Humanity & Inclusion (the operating name of Handicap International Federation) is looking for consultant (a team or individual) for assessing modalities of intervention after its closure of representative office in Indonesia. This consultancy is to be conducted in November and December 2021.
Expertise sought from the consultant(s)
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Administration, Management, Social science, or other relevant topics
- At least 10 years of experience in senior management position in I/NGO, in Indonesia.
- Demonstrated experiences in conducting assessment, evaluation in the sector of humanitarian aid in Indonesia.
- Knowledge of the law and regulation of CSO (I/NGO) in Indonesia
- Experience, knowledge and/or exposure to disability issues as well as a gender focus preferred
- Capacities in communication, workshop facilitation and remote facilitation (knowledge of online facilitation tools)
- Languages: English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Excellent writing, analysis and synthesis skills and outstanding communication skills are required
Description of the Task
In order to provide to HI options of means and ways of the modalities of HI intervention and support to the most vulnerable people in Indonesia without being present in the country, the assessor is tasked to do the assessment, collect data and information respectively. Furthermore; identify, assess and evaluate the future implementing partner(s) for HI in Indonesia after its exit as INGO from the country.
Main Roles and responsibilities of the consultant:
- For each of the 3 light modalities, develop a SWOT analysis and identify the means and ways of intervention and support to the most vulnerable people, respond to emergency and provide expertise on disability inclusion without being present in Indonesia.
- Consult and ensure applicable laws and regulations in Indonesia for each and all of the options as mentioned in point 1) is adhered to.
- Investigate and collect examples of modalities currently and / or previously done by other organizations after its exit or nonexistence as INGO in Indonesia.
- Identify potential partners and evaluate their willingness to develop partnership with HI,
- Write the assessment report based on the interviews done, data collection analysis and provide recommendations for HI for each of the 3 modalities of intervention.
- Present main findings of the report, including recommendations.
- Responsible to ensure adequate resources to do the assessment tasks, including manpower, adequate insurance for him/herself/their personnel.
- Responsible to his/her/their transportation, accommodation, communication means and costs in completing the tasks.
Budget allocated to the assessment
The maximum budget available for this consultancy is 83,000,000 IDR (5,000 €).
The fee is deductible by income tax according to applicable law in Indonesia.
The consultant must provide the detailed cost of the assessment, including the breakdown of fee, the ancillary costs (services and additional documents), transport costs, accommodation, logistics costs, translation costs (Bahasa-English) – if any, COVID-19 tests, etc.
The proposal for payment modalities and terms must also be included (please note that HI can pay maximum of 30% down payment upon signature of the contract).
Available resources made available to the assessor
Registration documents of HI in Indonesia (Principal and Operational Permits).
HI partner capacity assessment tools.