- Assess the communication platforms of federal courts to identify gaps and present recommendations for improvement;
- Develop internal and external communication and branding strategy including for mainstream and social media;
- Assess and make recommendation on mechanisms to strengthen public relation and communication departments of federal courts;
- Provide coaching and trainings for staff in public relation and communication departments of federal courts on effective communication skills;
- Design and disseminate templates for internal communication including newsletters, factsheets, news clips, etc;
- Prepare web content and draft regular electronic newsletter;
- Develop electronic updates for distribution to target audiences;
- Monitor and report on federal courts’ social media network;
- Organize regular press conferences and court days to build relation with stakeholders and influencers;
- Provide guidance in engagement with external media to enhance corporate reputation.
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP's Mission, vision and values and that of the Implementing Partner;
- Display Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Share knowledge and experience;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skill.
- • Experience in the usage of computers and office software package (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Good sense of team work , inter-personal and conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong and harmonious relationships with clients and external actors;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Advanced Degree in Journalism or Language and Literature or Public Relations or related fields of study.
- Four years previous working experience as communications officers;
- Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing;
- Excellent portfolio with proven track record of developing successful communication and branding strategies;
- Experience in web design and content production is an advantage.
- Photo and video-editing;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation;
- Outstanding organizational and time-management.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Amharic and English is required; knowledge of other local languages is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year with a possibility of extension