Under the supervision and guidance of Expertise France, the communication expert will be responsible for the overall communication strategy of the project (development of strategy, drafting of communication and visibility plan, implementation of communication activities both internal and external). The communication expert will be responsible for the creation of a project identity and all relevant dissemination material. He/she will work in close collaboration with the project team leader and the project coordinator based in Brussels and will assist other key experts and short term experts in their communication activities.
- Design of the communication strategy of the project
- Develop a comprehensive visibility and communication strategy for the entire project;
- Identify specific targeted audiences and adapt communication strategy to these different stakeholder groups.
Identify a methodology allowing for effectiveness analysis of strategic communications and recommend changes in strategy to improve effectiveness.
Ensure adequate representation of the project in the media (press, online, social networks) and to specific targeted audiences
Feeding of project’s website;
Produce regular newsletter to be communicated to CFT/AML stakeholders;
Communication with the press, communication team in the European Union and other stakeholders;
Create and update a contact database to target relevant institutions/ organisations/stakeholders;
Development of communication material and dissemination of brochures, leaflets, reports, press releases.
Dissemination of good practices;
Produce headings and key messages for briefing papers and other written communication products or promotional material;
Review key/sensitive correspondence, reports and speeches;
Participate in the reporting of meetings, events and press conferences.
Compile/collate written materials (project progress summaries, donor briefs, speeches/speaking points, etc);
Submission of online press briefings summarizing key events relevant to project activities;
Any necessary task having to do with communication identified during the project.
Project or context description
The EU Global AML/CFT Facility is an EU initiative financed under the IcSP. The overall objective of the project is to cut off access to funding for individual terrorists and terrorist organisations and introduce enhanced measures against serious organised crime, through support to increase compliance with the EU AML/CFT Framework, the FATF Recommendations and relevant UN Security Council Resolutions.
The Facility aims at providing technical assistance for various anti-money laundering/ countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) actors from the penal chain of partner countries. Activities are carried out on a request-based mechanism, either from the partner countries or from the EU services.
The project is implemented by an expert team based in Brussels.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree (BA or MA or equivalent) in international relations, communication, journalism or a related field;
- Excellent IT skills, with experience in HTML, Dreamweaver or other website software experience;
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Fluent in spoken and written English; knowledge of French and/or Arabic would be an asset;
General and specific professional experience
- At minimum of 7 years of professional experience of communications on sensitive topics;
- Knowledge of EU communication guidelines; experience working on an EU project desirable
- Knowledge of security/counter terrorism issues and of CFT/AML topic is highly desirable
- Previous experience of public/external relations or advocacy, reporting and/or broadcasting; and/or activism or outreach work is highly desirable
The post will be home-based with regular travels to Brussels and Paris.
The post is part-time, on a basis of maximum 120 working days a year.