UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the supervision of the Communications Analyst, the Communication and Social Media Intern will be expected to provide support to the communication functions and activities for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Egypt, precisely climate change activities ahead of COP 27.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Communication Team in the following:
- Support in the preparation and generation of social media content for UNDP Egypt social media platforms.
- Support in the preparation for climate change activities and COP 27.
- Prepare social media analytics reports relating to climate change activities and COP 27.
- Support the social media coverage of UNDP’s environment events and conferences.
- Assist in the logistical and communication preparations of key events and activities in coordination with the environment team.
- Provide support in producing videos and infographics capturing key messages of UNDP’s environment work in Egypt.
- Assist in planning and implementing new campaigning opportunities that promote UNDP’s mandate.
- Assist in writing press releases, human and success stories and feature articles related to the environment portfolio.
- Assist any other duties as may be deemed necessary.
The following standard competencies apply to all UNDP interns:
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
• Self-development, creativity and initiative-taking;
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
• Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a) Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
c) Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
d) Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.