- Lead the integration of Information to create and leverage data sets in all development, resilience and response sector programs with a focus on delivery of outcomes and value for money;
- Develop an Information Strategy for DoDMA to enhance the awareness, understanding, and knowledge of key stakeholders in the government, private sector, civil society, etc. at the regional, national and local levels on Disaster Management, and help achieve overall DoDMA Programme objectives.
- Integrate innovative data frameworks and analytical solutions to leverage data from humanitarian and development delivery, data collection, management, visualization and analysis initiatives with support from Junior Staff;
- Provide strategic support in the application of the Principles for Digital Development in the development, adoption, integration, and effective use of data science and analytics related to Global Goods and other open source software platforms used in DoDMA projects and initiatives, including DHIS2, Malawi Vulnerability Assessment Committee (MVAC), DMIS (Malawi) and community information systems as they are applied to response and resilience initiatives;
- Supervise and reinforce the capacity of staff in the Information Management Unit and at the Districts linked to the DoDMA Information Management Strategy.
- Identify short courses for IM capacity development of relevant stakeholders at national and local levels
- Facilitate capacity development of district staff to use the district Disaster Management Information System
- Perform any other duties assigned by management from time to time
- Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
- Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
- Models independent thinking and action
- Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
- Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
- Knowledge of disaster risk management concepts and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of disaster risk reduction and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of early warning and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of preparedness solutions and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of disaster recovery issues and solutions and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree (Management Information Systems), with relevant certifications in Arts, Graphic Design, Statistics, Disaster Management, Emergency Management, Geographic Information Systems, Information Management, Information Systems, Professional Studies, Social Sciences or a related field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience in the fields of activity concerned (collection and data processing for graphic design and creation of Infographics.)
- Leading and managing staff in the team in the formulation and implementation of the substantive work plan of the team and overseeing of staff accountability
- Thorough knowledge in the use of computers and software (MS Word, Excel, etc.), current use of spreadsheets, Infographic software’s (Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative software (Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop); and experience in the use of applications or electronic management system.
- Knowledge in the field of database management and geographic information systems (such as Arc GIS)
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential;
- Knowledge of local language is desirable
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: ! year renewable based on performance