Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, DC, has been contracted by USAID to manage FEWS NET’s technical and field activities. Chemonics seeks applications from qualified and experienced Chadian professionals to fill one full-time Country Representative (CR) position in N'Djamena, Chad. The CR represents the project at the local level, provides quality control for the deliverables of the project, and ensures that activities and products are delivered in a timely manner. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
• Fluency in English and French required, local language skills desirable
• An advanced university degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, or social geography Significant, directly related professional experience can substitute for educational experience.
• At least five years of relevant experience in early warning/food security information systems, food security analysis, or other related fields
• Strong spoken and written communication skills in English and French required
• Excellent computer skills; GIS applications and mapping skills are an advantage
• Previous experience managing people to deliver identified tasks an advantage
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity