Desired start date: Mid-April 2020
Duration of the mission: 1 year.
Location: Dhaka with frequent field visits field visits (Cox’s, Teknaf, Satkhira, Bandarban)
ABOUT THE MISSION
Solidarités International (SI) opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI operates through three core stages of intervention, rapid response mechanisms in the aftermath of a disaster or emergency, early recovery/transitional periods and development. In line with the 2019/2020 country strategy, SI is focusing on four key strategic objectives:
- Responding to the most urgent needs of conflict and disaster affected populations;
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks;
- Strengthening communities’ capacities to access resources;
- Reducing marginalisation through inclusive programming.
To this end, SI Bangladesh focuses the crux of its work on the WaSH and FSL sectors with a cross cutting them of integrated protection and resilience.
ABOUT THE JOB
The HR coordinator coordinates the implementation of Solidarités International HR policy.
As the HR Coordinator, he/she is responsible for the administrative aspects of the mission, and ensures the respect by all of : SI procedures, the procedures of financial backers and the laws of the country in which SI is intervening.
He/she is the mission focal point and the link between HQ and the mission, for any questions relating to HR.
- Analysis of the socio-economic context
- HR management of national employees
- Administrative management of international employees
- Team management
ORG CHART POSITION (REPORTING AND FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS)
- Line management of 1 Deputy HR Coordinator and 1 Liaison Officer.
- Close coordination required with the coordination team, and with the transversal positions at base and mission level.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
In 2018, the Admin department was split into an HR department and a Finance department, both at the coordination level and at the base level. Good progress has been made to establish these independent departments but still further progress/analysis needs to be undertaken to ensure an optimal setup. At the base level, a key component is the capacity building of the HR team to ensure they can properly manage the base needs with 230+ employees.
The main objectives of the position will also be:
- Identification and implementation of a Training and Induction Policy
- Revision of the Medical coverage for our national employees
- Ensuring the roll out of the new appraisal policy and improvement of the career development of our teams
- Implement a social dialogue policy
- Facilitate the recruitment of a new FSL team and base opening
- Capacity building of the HR department at coordination and base level
Education: Bachelor (or Master’s) Degree in HR / Business or Public Administration or related field
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in a similar position required.
- Previous experience at HR coordination position with significant financial volume (> 5 million EUR at least recommended)
- Proven experience in team management, team structuring;
- Proven experience in training & capacity building;
- Previous experience of project management in NGO / humanitarian fields;
- Previous experience with SI would be an asset;
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge in HR and administrative management;
- Knowledge of Homere (HR software) would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Solidarités International rules and procedures in terms of all administrative matters preferred but not essential
- Prioritization and self-organization;
- Ability to multitask and delegation;
- Priority setting;
- Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of Office suite.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried posistion: according to experience from 2640 euros gross per month (2400 base salary + 10% annual leave).
Per Diem: USD 450 / month.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months + USD 850 allowance (for each break).
- 1 day off per worked month.
These days off, as well as the breaks, are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary: they are offered by SI.
SECURITY CONTEXT AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
The office and guesthouse in Dhaka, Cox and Teknaf are comfortable, well located in terms of security, adapted to SI team’s needs, and assuring to international staff the minimum standard in terms of privacy and comfort. The working environment is positive and the context, differently in each location, give some opportunities of social life.