Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Indonesia.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Indonesia Resident Mission (IRM) within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). SERD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Southeast Asian region. IRM supports country partnership and strategy (CPS), policy dialogue and client relationship, business development, knowledge management, project quality assurance, sector analytic work, special initiatives, and loan and technical assistance processing and administration in Indonesia.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst will provide support to IRM’s country operations especially on the administration of projects. S/he will provide analytical and statistical support to assigned project portfolio and provide diversified analytical, statistical, and administrative. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff.
• Maintains database for managing Indonesia and IRM portfolio and processes such data into meaningful reports contributing to the administration of the IRM project implementation. Assists in the administration of some of the more complex delegated projects, including the review of bid documents and evaluations, preparation of project performance reports, and drafting of correspondence.
• Liaises with and supports IRM Staff, HQ Staff, government agencies, and development partners to facilitate administration and monitoring of ADB-financed loan and TA projects as well as special initiatives involving multiple stakeholders, and ensures the implementation of the agreed plan for managing project administration. Assists in the preparation of Project Completion Reports (PCR), TA Completion Reports (TCR), various monitoring reports and other relevant tasks as needed.
• Assists in processing disbursements for projects by following up with EAs on timely submission of withdrawal applications, reviewing withdrawal applications for compliance with the loan agreement, and preparing/reviewing data input for Procurement Contract Summary Sheet (PCSS) to update the Loan and Financial Information System (LFIS).
• Participates in various missions as required e.g., inception, review, mid-term, and project completion report mission by providing inputs in preparation of memorandum of understanding (MOU)/Aide Memoire; and assisting in collecting data on contract awards/disbursements, reconciliation of project accounts, compliance with loan covenants, familiarizing EAs with ADB’s loan procedures and in preparation of various reports and applications
• Compiles data/statistics on contract awards/disbursements for assigned projects for generation of various reports for Department/Management. Monitors/analyzes actual awards and disbursement against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying clauses and follow up these matters with the EAs.
• Assists in reviewing various documents, for example, bid documents, bid evaluations, and contract awards; and assists, as required, in drafting various papers, for example, back-to-office reports, project completion reports, routine faxes and letters on project implementation matters, etc.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline e.g., Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience; related experience in international agencies will be preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operational processes and procedures of ADB or similar organizations.
• Proven analytical skills to process various data analyses.
• Proficiency in using software packages for performing word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, database applications and other required information technologies
• Familiarity with local languages and institutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.