The Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives and Delivery is a vital role to ensure the smooth running and high-performance of the full department of the COO. The role will ensure effective delivery of the responsibilities of the Office of the COO, working closely with the Director, Board Lead, Strategic Initiatives and Delivery.
• Support the development of, and implement, strategies to ensure the effective performance of the department, with a focus on hard-working, coordinated and fulfilled teams.
• With the Director, Board Lead, Strategic Initiatives and Delivery, understand, review and implement optimizations to the structure required for the department to best achieve the overall ambitions.
• Support and deliver departmental communications across all the various functions of the department of the COO including ER, Strategy, Operations and Gender; internal organization-wide communications; and external communications.
• Support the design and lead aspects of the implementation of organizational change initiatives across the department.
• Establish deep working relationships with colleagues in teams across the department, and other operational and programmatic areas across the organization.
• Support the anticipation and mitigation of potential challenges to the department’s goals, and devise strategies and implement plans to avoid these coming to fruition.
• Engage in departmental budget oversight as required.
• Execute special projects as needed – these may be cross-functional or specific, short or long term.
Minimum 6-8 years in strategic delivery positions in partnership, strategy and fundraising operations roles that require substantial cross-departmental collaboration to deliver ambitious goals.
Significant experience working with, and influencing, senior colleagues to tackle complex challenges and agreed mutually beneficial decisions.
Proven experience supporting the generation of outcomes from teams, both where there is direct line management responsibility and through influencing.
Strategy and problem-solving experience accurately diagnosing business challenges, and devising, crafting by-in for, and implementing effective solutions with timely and efficient performance metrics.
(Desirable) Experience working in two or more of the External Relations functions.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Outstanding project and stakeholder management skills with a proven track record delivery ambitious, complex, sensitive and board initiatives on timelines.
Strong communicator in written and verbal form.
Highly versatile and flexible, with a high degree of comfort changing and refining priorities and results.
Strong attention to detail and ability to identify and address multifaceted business needs.
Experience and comfort with data analysis and budget management
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment