The Associate Communications Officer \u2013 Social Media (Limited Term Employee "LTE") is a member of the Channels and Engagement team with a dotted line to the Discovery Center team, and a member of the broader Communications Division. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Channels and Engagement, the position is intended to be based in Seattle, WA noting that remote work is possible depending on the circumstance and location.
The ACO \u2013 Social Media LTE will spend 50% of their time supporting the flagship social media channels and platform infrastructure and 50% of their time managing the social media channels for the foundation\u2019s Discovery Center. In addition to knowledge of social media channels and enterprise tools for channel management, this position requires strong project management and time management skills and the ability to lead multiple projects and priorities at once.
Strong candidates for this role will have successfully led social media channels for non-profits, cultural institutions, or other large organizations including experience managing, scheduling and posting content; developing content and social media plans; engaging in comments and conversations; and exploring\u2014and testing\u2014new tactics to engage audiences. This position is a limited-term position for 36 months.
What You'll Do!
Flagship Social Media Channels and Platform Support
- Work closely with CO \u2013 Social Media Manager and agency partners to plan and publish content across flagship social media channels
- Coordinate with program communications colleagues to create digital and social media channel plans key advocacy and communications moments for the foundation
- Run foundation\u2019s platforms and tools for planning and publishing social media content (including platforms like Opal and Khoros) including handling access to the platforms and training staff on how to use them.
- Update and maintain guides and processes related to social media channels including: social media playbook, social media account management, intake requests, and more.
- Coordinate regular information sharing and learning sessions with foundation social media channel owners including regional offices
Discovery Center Social Media Channel Management
- Work closely with the SCO - Marketing and Public Relations Manager of the Discovery Center to lead the Center\u2019s social media channels including creating engaging content, writing posts, scheduling content and running the Discovery Center\u2019s social media calendar.
- Mentor and support team members within the foundation and their grantees in the design, improvement, and execution of projects, initiatives and engagements. Lead partnerships and grantee relationships to achieve impact, for example, by conducting site visits, convening meetings of key partners, and monitoring and evaluating components of grants.
- Gather insights about channel/community performance
- Connect the Discovery Center\u2019s content with the larger brand channel content and other foundation owned channels.
- Strong understanding of current social media platforms and landscape
- Experience with creating social media content to engage a wide range of target audiences from teens to engaged public to global health influencers (non-profit organization experience preferred but not required)
- Consistent track record in social media editorial planning and connecting social content with other communications channels.
- Familiarity with enterprise social media tools, and understands how to draw useful insights from available social media measurement (experience with Opal and Khoros a plus)
- Excellent written communication skills to reach and engage a variety of audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize and implement multiple contending tasks
- Strong time management and the ability to anticipate challenges and how to best resolve them.
- Proven ability to lead others in a constructive, encouraging manner in order to build and sustain collaborative relationships and to influence a wide range of individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and at different levels.
- Experience: 3+ working in community management, social media, journalism, or editorial roles. Preferably at a non-profit organization.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Depending upon your work location, we may require proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and any recommended booster doses. All employees based in the United States are to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire and any recommended boosters, subject to applicable laws.
If you require assistance due to a disability in the application or recruitment process, please submit a request to email@example.com.
We are dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We\u2019re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve\u2014in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs\u2014and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve our mission will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and prior protected activity.