Administrative Coordinator Consultant
Background of this search:
The Human Resources Department (HRD) is responsible for the administration and development of the human resources in the IDB Group. It also oversees the implementation of the Human Capital Strategy, building and implementing programs and methodologies in direct support of our results-based business model, and focusing on the development of the Bank’s talent and technical skills capacity.
We are looking for a motivated, collaborative and highly organized individual to join the Compensation, Benefits and HR Services Division (HRD/COB) of HRD. The position reports to and will work under the direction of the Division Chief.
The team’s mission:
The Compensation, Benefits and HR Services Division (HRD/COB) analyzes, designs, and administers compensation, payroll, and benefits programs for international and national staff assigned to Headquarters and the Country Offices. The Division consists of three teams: Payroll, Taxes & Human Resources Service Center; Compensation & Policies; Well-being and Health Benefits. Each Team Leader reports to the Division Chief.
What you’ll do:
As the Administrative Coordinator of the Compensation, Benefits and HR Services Team you will be providing Administrative Support and will work on Budget Activities for the three teams in the Division. Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as liaison between COB and internal/external stakeholders on behalf of the Division Chief, handling situations with responsiveness, confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Assist the Division Chief with scheduling of key meetings within the Division, with key stakeholders, and bilateral meetings with the Board. Monitor Division Chief’s agenda to adapt and respond to changes in a timely manner. Assist Team Members by scheduling interviews, trainings, staff meetings and other adhoc requests.
- Provide guidance and assistance to staff in the Division on administrative matters - including but not limited to - provisioning requests, purchasing supplies, submitting tickets to provide SAP roles and access requests. Receive general calls, inquiries, requests and correspondence, responding/forwarding as appropriate; and process Travel Authorizations and review statement of expenses.
- Serve as Time Administrator for the Division, follow up on time and leave registration and ensure compliance with standard procedures.
- Assist with Division documents and correspondence. Format, translate, and proofread reports, working papers, and general correspondence based on established standards. Accountable for the registration process for deliverables in the official Board document system, publish documents on EzShare and handle set up and delivery of all documents and memos that require signature via DocuSign.
- Organize Team Building activities to promote engagement and connection within the team.
- Manage multi-faceted responsibilities and processes for the Division including the creation of shopping carts, payments to vendors, P-Card transactions and making payments for training for the Division assuring that the procedures in terms of payments on the part of suppliers and clients are fulfilled.
Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the Division budget, including the management of budget related transactions such as contracts, requisitions and purchase order requests and consultants’ contracts. Monitor execution projection, use of allocated funds for each PO and end of year accruals.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Technical or Associate Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or another related field.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of administrative coordination or project management.
- Systems: Proficiency in MS Office Tools, specifically in Excel, PowerPoint.
- Languages: Oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish required; knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is a plus.
- Type of contract: Full-time Consultant (CNS)
- Length of contract: 12 months
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Headquarters, United States of America
- Responsible person: Division Chief Comp & Benefits
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
- Location: Headquarters, Washington D.C., United States of America
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative, and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants, and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we are committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we have been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.