Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Regional Representative and Regional Representative, the Administrative Clerk provides a range of support to the Regional Office, including administrative services, correspondence, logistics, support to the Regional Representative, time keeping and other human resources administration functions, procurement of office supplies, goods and services in collaboration with the programme associate, event planning and organization, office maintenance, asset management, archiving, knowledge building and sharing and other duties as assigned. ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. The Administrative Clerk promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Clerk works in close collaboration with the Programme Associate as well as other Professional and General Service staff in the Regional Office and other UN agencies staff to ensure consistent service delivery.
Ensures timely implementation of and compliance with administrative and operational strategies and regulations
Provides administrative and logistical support, including event planning and the organization of activities
Receives, tracks and handles correspondence, calls and inquiries
Provides support to the Regional Representative, including maintaining an up to date calendar and organizing meetings.
Provides support to the Programme Associate and Regional Representative with human resources administration
Is responsible for time keeping and maintaining accurate attendance records
Provides support with procurement of office supplies, goods and services in collaboration with the programme associate.
Provide support with travel arrangements of local staff i.e process Travel Authorization, book travel tickets, when required.
Provides support with human resources (recruitment, selection, induction)
Provides support to office maintenance, assets management and archiving.
Provides support to knowledge management and archiving the Regional Office
Other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONALISM AND OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to general administration support, human resources support, logistics support, events support, procurement support aimed at effective and efficient office operations.
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints and to work under pressure in a stressful environment
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations and their application.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing, data management presentation, ATLAS, UMOJA, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date though self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieve results;
- Anticipates concerns and needs of clients and responds with appropriate solutions.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to draft/edit a variety of minutes, correspondence and communications and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise manner;
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
- Develops effective communication channels within and/or across units
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
- Establishment and maintenance of filing and record management systems, electronic, non-electronic and archiving management of all documentation for easy retrieval.
- Review, record, distribute and account for all incoming and outgoing correspondence and other documents including acknowledge receipt of correspondence, maintain an electronic document filling system and archiving of documents.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies and identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- Uses time efficiently.
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
- Identifies and anticipates clients’ concerns needs and responds with appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
- Keeps a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
- Meets timeline for delivery of product or services to client.
- Facilitates the resolution of client service difficulties involving staff.
- Seeks opportunities to improve the client services of the unit;
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months