Position Title : Accounting Assistant
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification: General Service Staff (G4,THB 61,967.50 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract,
6 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 05 March 2020
Reference Code : SVN006/2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the general supervision of the IOM Bangkok Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head of Finance, the incumbent performs the following functions as an Accounting Assistant:
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Review and verify financial transactions and reports of various projects prior to entering record into the IOM accounting system.
Prepare accounting transaction reports (vouchers) and ensure that supporting documents and other requirements are complete; follow-up with respective project staff in case of incomplete submissions.
Ensure proper recording and filing of the payroll.
Coordinate with the IOM field sub-offices to ensure accounting consistency.
On a monthly basis, compile accounting reports from IOM field sub-offices for the monthly closures; Perform the month-end closure and produce financial reports for submission to headquarters.
Perform adjustments as necessary or as required by projects in compliance with proper accounting and the IOM rules and regulations.
Perform settlements of the travel expense claims for all IOM local staff and officials; coordinate with respective staff member to verify the accuracy and ensure completion of the claim and supporting documents.
Perform monitoring and clearing of debtors, both internal and external.
Perform monitoring and clearing of suspend accounts.
Perform projectization (cost allocation) of monthly office expenditures to projects.
Coordinate/consult with colleagues in other IOM offices with regards to account verifications and corrections in the system.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
3. DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agree.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
4. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Accounting or with a minimum of 3 years work experience in financial management of accounts
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven drive for results and effective financial resource management
- Ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international environment and a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Computer literacy; all MS office applications, especially Word, Excel and Power Point; knowledge of SAP an advantage.
Fluency in English and Thai.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.