<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency - has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health - Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection - Food Security and Livelihoods - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Your main responsibility is to secure sound logistical performance and coordination at mission level in order to provide programs with optimum support.
- Developing and implementing the logistics strategy for the mission
- Making logistics data available to other departments to facilitate the establishment of the country strategy, with a focus on procurement plans, management of bases and IT
- Producing high quality and timely logistics contributions to "proposals" and reports for funding bodies.
- Contributing a logistics perspective to coordination discussions and within the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Advising other departments on their logistics requirements
- Collaborate with headquarters in the management of international transport.
- Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with the mission's partners.
- Support the Country Director/DCD Support in the prevention and management of fraud and corruption.
- Manage the Logistics team in capital and be support/technical Manager for Logistics Manager in the bases.
- You hold an advanced University Degree in development, international affairs, business Administration Economics or similar fields.
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written) and have good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation.
- Work experience on emergency as well as medium to large-scale development projects
- Experience in managing multi-year development projects
- You are able to function well in high stress scenarios
- Recognised interpersonal skills and capacity to represent your organisation in external meetings.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
- 15 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800EUR upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: $340 + $426 (in Amman) or 190EUR + 273EUR (in Kabul) net (cf eurocost), field paid
- Monthly country allowance: +150EUR as country allowance (in Amman) / + 450EUR in Kabul
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (CFE + complementary health) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.