Action Against Hunger has been operating in Iraq since 2013, following the sudden massive influx of refugees fleeing the Syrian crisis. The multiple offensives of ISIS have caused the displacement of more than three million people across the country. In the summer of 2014, attacks on Mosul and the Sinjar region pushed hundreds of thousands of people into Iraqi Kurdistan. ACF has since been implementing its humanitarian response with an integrated, multi-sectoral approach, addressing WASH, Mental Health & Care Practices, Food Security & Livelihoods amongst the Iraqi Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in camp and non-camp settings, as well as returnees and host communities. In 2019, ACF is willing to continue the humanitarian intervention in the areas still presenting urgent needs but also focusing on post-emergency / recovery interventions. Our team is running operations of approximatively 9 million euros. The main donors of the mission are OFDA, EU through MADAD, GIZ, AFD, WFP, SDC and ACF.
Your position : Under the supervision of the Country Director, you will be responsible to define Human Resources policy for the mission and coordinate its implementation and deployment throughout the mission in order to provide optimum support to programs.
More precisely you will :
- Contribute to defining mission strategy and develop mission HR strategy
- Supervise the staff administration and payroll (legal, external consultancy and normative support) at mission level
- Provide support for the recruitment and training of all employees and promote career development
- Ensure a coherent organization of work and establish a policy of compensation and benefits
- Implement collective rules and communicate internally
- Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in Human Resources with the mission’s partners
- Prevent and manage cases of fraud and corruption
- Manage the Human Resources team and the home staff in capital and be support/technical Manager for Human Ressources Managers in the bases
Your profile : You hold a master in management, HR or equivalent, you have at least 2 years of experience as HR manager in an INGO or private sector in expatriation. You have successful experiences as manager, are eager to work on capacity building with qualified national team and support nationalization of managerial positions. You have the capacity to implement HR technical support at distance and to formalize HR policies adjusted to two different legislation (KRI and Federal Iraq). You have experience in recruitment of managerial positions both national and international.**
You have experience in managing complex administrative requirements and relationships with multiple government authorities.
You are recognized for your communication skills and ability to adapt all type of interlocutors.
You have experience in insecure and volatile environments.
Fluent English mandatory; Arabic or Kurdish is a plus
Salary and benefits :
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from € 2010 to € 2335 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: €642 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- 150€ as country allowance.
- 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen
- Child allowance.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
- Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period every 12 weeks
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Turkey)
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.