Action Against Hunger has been operating in Yemen since 2012, upscaling its emergency activities in 2016 due to the conflict between Al Houthi and the Saudi-led coalition. Yemen is currently facing one of the world’s worst humanitarian crises, with 80% of the population in need of humanitarian aid. Action Against Hunger has responded to multiple large-scale and interconnected emergencies: conflict, famine and a cholera epidemic, using a multisectoral approach (Nutrition & Health, Food Security, WASH and Mental Health programming) and by piloting the country’s first Rapid Response Mechanism alongside UNICEF. Donors supporting these programs are the EU through ECHO and DEVCO, UN agencies (UNICEF, WFP, UNOCHA, UNFPA), GAC, DFID, SIDA and private foundations. Focus is now on providing life-saving quality health and nutrition services, addressing the causes of hunger and undernutrition and promoting evidence-based programming through surveillance, analysis, and advocacy.
To know more about Yemen: https://www.actioncontrelafaim.org/en/missions/yemen/
You will be responsible for organizing the overall donors activities and elaboration of documents in order to ensure the quality of relationship with donors and the respect of reporting deadlines.
Advise and train the team in the elaboration of reporting documents for donors and for monitoring documents
- Management of the Grants and Reporting Assistant
- Training and build awareness of the field teams on donors reporting and on internal reporting (APR : Activity Progress Report)
Organize the elaboration and monitoring of donors and internal monitoring reporting in relation with the Coordination team by being responsible for the monitoring and improvement of the quality of proposals, the project agreement requests, the mid-term and final reports
- Answer to the guidelines and donors requirements, ACF internal requirements
- Integrate information and recommendations delivered by the previous programs
- Take in consideration the minutes of donors meetings, the evaluation reports and the external or internal audits
- Ensure that the questions and comments from donors, auditors and internal evaluators are handled
- Follow and facilitate the internal and external respect of deadlines and the respect of ACF internal validation procedures
- Facilitate HQ/mission communication related to the validation of donors documents (transmission of ACF procedures related to donors relations and reporting)
Contribute to the implementation of the mission donors strategy in relation with the Coordination team
- Participe in the research of donors opportunities
- Communicate and train the Program Managers about the funding opportunities
You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position in an NGO and in a multi-cultural environment.
You are known for your diplomatic and sensitive to cross cultural issues, your capacity to work under pressure and your creativity.
You have work in remote conditions (management and support) or your are ready to do so.
You have a proven ability to write clear and concise reports as well as meeting the deadlines of donors. Above all, you are willing to support others members of the team and to share workload.
You speak and write English fluently (mandatory) and you have advanced command of Word and Excel.
Specific conditions / Salary
Contract: 4 months fixed term contract under French legislation (possible extension depending on fundings)
The position will be based in Amman (Jordan) and work remotly with the field teams
Salary and profits:
- Monthly gross salary from 2 010€ to 2 335€ upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 616€ net - paid in the field
- + 150 € monthly as country allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- * 20 RnR per year.
- * 215 € at each RnR period (every 12 weeks).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge ©.
You are a team player, flexible and autonomous.
You most have previous experience in active conflict areas.
It is important for all applicants to know that the Yemen visa process may take up to 9 months, therefore there may be high chances that you will be based out of country and remotely supporting the mission. This situation may bring frustration not only to you but also to the mission itself.
We expect from all applicants to be awared about the circumstances and accept them.