Action Against Hunger has been operating in Iraq since 2013, following the sudden massive influx of refugees fleeing the Syrian crisis. The multiple offensives of ISIS have caused the displacement of more than three million people across the country. In the summer of 2014, attacks on Mosul and the Sinjar region pushed hundreds of thousands of people into Iraqi Kurdistan. ACF has since been implementing its humanitarian response with an integrated, multi-sectoral approach, addressing WASH, Mental Health & Care Practices, Food Security & Livelihoods amongst the Iraqi Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in camp and non-camp settings, as well as returnees and host communities. In 2019, ACF is willing to continue the humanitarian intervention in the areas still presenting urgent needs but also focusing on post-emergency / recovery interventions. Our team is running operations of approximatively 9 million euros. The main donors of the mission are OFDA, EU through MADAD, GIZ, AFD, WFP, SDC and ACF.
The program overall objective is to enhance resilience of vulnerable households through agriculture support in Basra Governorate, through activities in agricultural productivity, natural resources management, including contribution to soil and water conservation, agricultural businesses (market linkages and business development support).?
The FSL team is composed of 8 people.
You will be in charge to identify and implement high quality Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) activities which are appropriate and comprehensive, in conformity with overarching strategy and the standards set internationally, by Action Contre la Faim and by national policies.
More precisely you will have to:
- Set up, implement and report on FSL projects
- Supervise and manage the program team
- Participate in the coordination, representation and partnerships of ACF in his/her area of intervention
- Identify needs and contribute to project elaboration
- Contribute to deliberations on strategy and the positioning of the FSL Department
- Contribute to the quality, accountability and impact measurement process of his/her program
You hold a bachelor degree in business, social sciences or economic studies.
You have at least 3 years of work experience in a similar and relevant field with project cycle management experience and with team management experience.
You demonstrate advanced skills in micro and small enterprise development, apprenticeship & vocational training, and business & employability skills training.
You can use a community and gender-based approach, with solid command of project cycle management.
You have experience in internal and external reporting and experience in income generating project and/or market-oriented activities.
Status: Fixed-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation, starting as soon as possible.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2010€ to 2335€ upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance : 213€ + 274€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- Country Allowance: 150€
- 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- Child allowance
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Turkey)
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Opportunity of coaching or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Why to join us?
If you like challenge and if you are autonomous, capable of taking decisions, willing and ready to launch a program in an area with little presence of NGOs and expats, this job is for you !