<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency - has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health - Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection - Food Security and Livelihoods - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the country director, your main objective will be to ensure the overall management of the Heads of Support Departments (HR, Logistic and Finance) and provide support to the Country Director.
More specifically, your responsibilites will be to:
- Coordinate support departments' strategy and ensure operational management of all support areas:
- Represent and liaise on behalf of Support Departments with donors, authorities, UN, NGOs
- Provide inputs on the HR, Finance and Logistic Constraints and opportunities
- Supervise and manageall direct reports (Heads of HR, Finance and Logistic departments)
- Ensure that HR, Finance and Logistic guidelines are respected in relation with relevant Heads of Departments
- Oversee hosting contract with Start Fund Bangladesh
- Proactively support ACFs commitments to gender equality, child protection and disability sensitivity
- MS Degree in Logistics, Finance or Business Management or equivalent
- 2+ years of proven work experience in similar roles, and 6+ years of INGOs or similar organizations / agency experience
- Experience working in systems development and managing human resources, Finance and logistics functions;
- Experience in implementation Shared Cost Methodology
- Knowledge and experience of working in more than one developing countries (experience in Asia desirable).
- Advanced understanding of humanitarian principles and the humanitarian architecture;
- Knowledge of organizational systems and change management;
- Demonstrable understanding of the context and challenges in Bangladesh;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in sensitive cultural environments;
- Excellent command of oral and written English, including writing reports;
- High flexibility, mobility and willingness to travel regular to Cox's Bazar and other areas in Bangladesh.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2735EUR to 3185EUR upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 532EUR net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.