Length of contract: 24 months – starting May 2020.
The ACF Myanmar mission has been undergoing programmatic and organizational changes in 2018, following a significant shift in the context of Rakhine State. As the crisis in Rakhine evolves, so is our mission, and the new focus for our Country Director reflects our organization's adaptation.
Despite the volatility of current humanitarian programming in the country, the mission still expects to manage an overall volume of approximately EUR 5 million for 2018, spread across 10-15 separate donor contracts. These are focused mostly on Nutrition, Mental Health & Care practices, but increasingly WASH and FSL. The mission intends to continue its upward trend into longer-term development programs, in which it already has some success, but in the short-mid term will be largely dependent on short-term humanitarian programs that address acute needs in Rakhine State.
The mission is restructuring to address new needs and availability of resources. The Country Director will be expected to continue to plan ahead, foreseeing possible contextual changes, help adapt the mission to new realities, manage change within his/her team while maintaining a positive team spirit in the team.
You will directly oversee the Head of Departments (technics and supports), field coordinators and on programme coordinator.
The position objectives:
You are responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the ACF Country Strategy, representing ACF at high level forums and ensuring the mission's portfolio and positioning are in line with ACF's values (Charter), Programming Principles, and Strategy.
You are responsible for implementing a sound and relevant delegation system (with appropriate control mechanisms), which will allow him / her to be accountable for all the following responsibilities:
- Strategic and operational planning, organizational performance and continued adaptation through 2020 and beyond: to lead the preparation, update and implementation of the Country strategy appropriate for the country and regional context and in line with the ACF vision and mission.
- Programming: oversee mission’s programming to ensure the effective and efficient design, implementation and evaluation of ACF's portfolio.
- External relations and partnerships: Continue to forge strong external partnerships, donor relations and representation at high-level fora to maintain network, advocacy and funding opportunities.
- Management and Human Resources: Manage a changing team and structure, maintaining cost effectiveness while adapting according to context and program diversification. Oversee the management and development of mission’s human resources and create a shared vision, among all staff, of ACF's values and program's aims and their role in achieving these.**
- Finance and Logistics: oversee and direct the appropriate mobilization, use and management of financial and logistic resources in the mission in line with ACF policies and donor requirements.
- Security: lead the preparation, regular updating and implementation of the security plan in line with ACF standards and procedures.**
- Working relationships with HQ: key actor between the field and HQ, the Country Director contributes to maintain good working relationships with HQ by complying with information demands and using HQ’s expertise to optimize the country’s strategy implementation.
Do you fit with the position?
We're looking for a seasoned leader; an individual with a broad range of skills but above all an excellent ability to represent the organization externally, while also able to oversee internal changes in a fluid contextual and donor environment.
- You have at least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian and/or development sectors, with at least one prior experience as a Country Director or Head of Mission.
- You are able to demonstrate experience and prior exposure to high-level coordination mechanisms.
- You feel confident in diplomacy and advocacy work on issues difficult humanitarian dilemmas.
- You have a proven capacity to manage changing portfolio volumes in fluid funding environments, adapting tactics, plans and the mission to respond to changes accordingly.
- You show solid people management skills and a proven ability to create an environment, which encourages team-work and motivates a team across very different geographical areas and challenges.
- You acutely understand the challenges pertaining to volatile environments, humanitarian operations and working under the pressure this creates. You are able to show organizational as well as prioritization skills that allow to cope with high workloads and demands.
Remuneration and benefits :
Monthly gross salary from 3370€ to 3895€ upon experience C5
Per diem and living allowance: 432€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
+150€ as country allowance
+ 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
25 days of paid leaves per year.
20 RnR per year. **
215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area**.**