ActionAid Arab Region (AAAR) is looking for Youth Project coordinator Ensuring coordination between the youth safe spaces and coordinating with all the partners to insure quality implementation of the activities of the project.
About ActionAid Arab Region
At ActionAid Arab Region we work with grass root organizations and civil society actors that have a strong focus on youth and women in local governance. ActionAid Arab Region (AAAR) knows that to create lasting change, the root causes of poverty and injustice must be addressed and that affected communities must become the drivers of the change they want to see. Read more at https://arab-region.actionaid.org/
Job Title: Youth Project coordinator
Reports to:Country programs coordinator- Lebanon
Direct Reports : Youth Safe space officers
Monthly Gross Salary Range: (Based on qualifications & competencies)
- Manage the planning and implementation of the project according to the approved proposal.
- Manage the budget planning and expenses according to the approved budget.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the project according to approved stated objectives, plans of action, budgets and record progress.
- Develop networks with the needed organizations working with people with special needs and enhance partnership agreements with them.
- Lead and supervise coordination with partners in local communities to plan, implement and monitor the project.
- Ensure a daily follow-up and monitoring with the field staff (Area Managers/ Field Officers) in the different areas of implementation.
- Participate in evaluating the impact of project interventions on the beneficiary population periodically (as needed, on occasional basis).
· Ensure Program operation in the targeted location is operationalized strategically as planned and agreed with line manager. Regular communication with line manager is a must.
· Ensuring coordinating with Partners and updating them on the planned activities
· Ensuring good relation with and among the volunteers.
· Following up with the volunteers and providing technical support and coaching when needed.
· Follow up on the Monthly planning for the activities in the youth safe spaces in coordination with the partners
· Ensuring quality delivery of humanitarian responses.
· Create strong network with the local actors.
- Ensure all M&E data are collected based on actionaid requirements.
- Ensure proper information is provided to the M&E team for all reports.
· Ensure all programme information is transparent so all internal and external stakeholders possess mutual understanding.
· Track the progress of the programme in the assigned center.
· Assure AA values, principles and HRBA is mainstreamed in the programme.
- Provide required information to communication and other units of AA ARI as mutually agreed in advance.
· Represent ActionAid and program partners in meetings with local Government agencies and local stakeholders (as appropriate and agreed with management)
· Ensure effective coordination with other agencies working in the program location.
· Reporting on Activity info .
· Attending related Clusters meetings and working groups in Bekaa and Beirut.
· Directly line manages youth safe space officers and youth safe space assistances in the the two locations in Bekaa.
· Ensure the above-mentioned individual’s capacity, knowledge and skills is in place to deliver their assigned role and responsibilities
· Other responsibilities as requested by Line Manager
Education & Certifications:**
· Relevant academic degree, preferably Bachelors in development, management or social studies.**
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience:
§ At least 5 years experience working on youth programs
§ Experience in managing youth safe spaces .
§ Have grounded understanding of the refugee crisis in the Lebanon.
§ Able to communicate effectively with communities and local authorities.
§ Team building and coordination experience
§ Excellent coordination/facilitation and communication skills with strong sense of team spirit
§ Good interpersonal communication/negotiation skills both in written/oral Arabic and English
§ Result oriented person; ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meeting of deadlines
Mutual respect, Equity and justice, Honesty and transparency, Dynamic, and Creative, Solidarity with the poor, Courage of conviction, Independence, Humility