Responsible to ensure implementation of child protection activities designed to prevent and respond to child protection risks/concerns affecting crisis impacted children and adolescents in target locations. S/he will coordinate project activities and make sure that the project is implemented as per agreed upon plans. The job holder is expected to provide guidance, mentoring, and coaching to enhance the quality of child protection case management and provision of psychosocial support services.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, implementation, and monitoring of the program in line with organizational and donors’ guidelines, policy, and procedures and writing donor report
- Follow-up, monitor and supervise the implementation of program activities based on the work plan, spending plan and ensure the proper utilization and tracking of budgets and resources/materials allocated to the project
- Undertake and ensure situational assessments, data collection, compiling and analyzing as per the required standard
- Responsible for the implementation and follow-up of child protection activities and programs including development/update of relevant strategies, standard operations and procedures and referral pathways, case management mechanisms, psychosocial support interventions and community-based support for at-risk children including unaccompanied/separated children and adolescents
- Ensure that there is a functioning child protection coordination mechanism/platform in project areas that addresses the needs of child survivors and at-risk children
- Support program staff in the design and implementation of effective community mobilization and awareness raising strategies
- Maintain standard, design, and undertake diversified psychosocial support activities at child friendly spaces
- Strengthen protection mechanisms through mobilizing and involving the community in reducing risks
- Work with the community and caregivers /parents through undertaking a positive parenting skill and ensure a positive parents and child communication skills
- Prepare quality reports of project activities on regular basis and share with relevant actors
- Develop and maintain skillful and effective communication and working relationships with relevant partners including children, families, community leaders, government stakeholders and other implementing partners
- Represent the program in all partner meetings and communicate the outcomes
- Interact with Government and other partners, NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of CP project implementation and follow up on agreed points
- Remain alert and responsive to any safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Safeguarding Policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Law, Community Development or other related fields of social science studies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in implementing child protection projects and clear understanding of child protection technical areas such as case management
- Experience organizing and facilitating trainings on key child protection topics for a range of target groups
- Good understanding of Child Protection program approaches and practices
- Experience in community mobilization and conducting outreach activities
- Strong and proven ability in report writing, in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation, and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision