WASH Procurement Assistant
at GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Procurement Department by conducting timely and efficient procurement for GOAL Syria programme activities, in accordance with GOAL policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Ensure that all procurement procedures in the Idlib offices are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Procurement Manual and relevant donor requirements.
- Prepare electronic and hardcopy procurement files for each PR (Request Form) and ensure that all relevant paperwork is filed, original and scanned copies, as per GOAL Procurement Manual and internal audit requirements.
Process the assigned PR’s according to the GOAL Procurement Manual/Procurement Chart procedures.
With particular emphasis on the WASH items you will need to analyse the specification of the supplies, works or services required and source potential, reliable suppliers who can meet these specifications.
Prepare Enquiry Forms (EF)/Request for Offers (RFO) to obtain quotations/bids as per required process (single/negotiated/sealed/tender).
Ensure that all suppliers have Anti-Terrorist security Checks (ATSC) completed, according to the procurement process
Complete Bid Analyses (BA) for review by the SPO, Procurement Manager or Procurement Coordinator or WASH team for technical review and arrange the necessary signatures for approval from budget-holders and finance department.
Raise Purchase Orders (PO)to place the order with the chosen supplier and follow up the status of the goods, to delivery to the required location, as per the PR.
Ensure that all chosen WASH suppliers are registered on the GOAL Syria Vendor Roster, and update where necessary.
Ensure that Goods in Dockets (GID) are prepared for all deliveries and attached to the procurement file.
Complete all financial paperwork, obtain the necessary signatures for approval and ensure payment to the supplier is affected.
Track the status of all PRs in an Order Tracking System (OTS).
Regularly conduct critical analysis of all assigned GOAL WASH suppliers based on criteria of reliability, quality and prices of goods offered, terms & conditions, after sales services offered, and warranty guaranteed.
Conduct market assessment and searching for new WASH suppliers.
Assist other departments to find out all the information about the materials to be purchased and the available specifications and conduct a market assessment.
- Contribute WASH procurement updates to the Weekly procurement Report.
- General work in assisting in the overall process and day-to-day duties of the procurement Department.
- Cover for the WASH Procurement Officer when on leave/sick to ensure the continuity of basic service
Degree in engineering (civil, mechanical or electrical) or economic.
At least 2 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors.
Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies.
Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel).
Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment.
A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required.
Excellent attention to detail.
Ability to write, speak and work in English and Arabic.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics; (e.g. ICT; mechanics; construction; electricity; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; or other).
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply is: 13th April 2020.