-Under the direct supervision of the International Advocacy and Innovation Unit (IAIU) Coordinator and mentoring of the GVC Country Representative person in Tunisia, the Volunteer will provide administrative, management and logistic support the specific work of the International Advocacy and Innovation Unit in support to WeWorld-GVC. The IAIU is WeWorld-GVC Unit providing policy direction and support to the organization in International Advocacy and Innovation. The current objectives of the IAIU are: to reinforce WeWorld-GVC position in international debates through effective rights and evidence based initiatives, to consolidate the Community Protection Approach (CPA), and to provide instruments and research to reinforce the organization capacity.
-Managing and implementing activities ensuring an accurate and timely reporting according to GVC, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats and archiving the various type of documents (list of beneficiaries, procurement procedures, photographic documentation and project visibility);
-Provide budget and financial management support for the IAIU, in coordination with related HQ departments and Missions.
-Ensure the compliance for each assigned activity to ensure the application of WeWorld-GVC standards and procedures for all IAIU activities;
-Directly coordinating with WeWorld-GVC administrators for the financial management, including accountability and good governance;
-Organizing and implementing the monthly programming work;
-Coordinating, participating and supporting all the other activities required for the proper development of the mission.
-Ensure the update and compliance of WeWorld-GVC IAIU Database, including proper archiving and compliance review of procedures
-Support the HR related tasks of the IAIU.
-Support the supervision and revision of the IAIU internal procedures, and ensure that all IAIU staff has access to the right information.
-Support, when needed, the drafting of projects and other related project specific documentation.
-Participating to all IAIU team coordination meeting;
-Prepare and participate to dedicated meetings with WeWorld-GVC missions;
-Participate, when needed, in meetings and relations with external stakeholders.
-Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response;
-Train local volunteers on organization and implementation of volunteer-based activities, when applicable;
-Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
-Draft and publish articles describing volunteer's experience in the field;
-Gather audiovisual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer's local community in Europe;
-In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.
The EU Aid Volunteer shall perform other duties, as required.
-Studies Preferred studies in International Relations / Social Studies / Political Science / Economics;
-Desirable Humanitarian / Development Project Cycle Management knowledge;
-Languages Fluent in English written and spoken; Knowledge of French is an asset;
-Skills Strong organizational and project coordination skills;
-Excellent knowledge of Excel, and good general knowledge of the full Office suite;
-Excellent interpersonal skills: coordination and stress management; Adaptability; Team working; Strong initiative and autonomy; Intercultural awareness and respectful attitude towards other customs and traditions; Experiences: Previous experience in developing countries; Prior volunteer experience is an asset.
ELIGIBILITY AND EXCEPTION CRITERIA
The candidate for EU Aid Volunteers must be a citizen of the EU or a third country national who is a long-term resident in an EU Member State, and must have a minimum age of 18 years.
Availability for the following activities:
• Training in presence in April/May 2020;
• Pre-deployment induction in WE WORLD-GVC HQ, in Bologna in the second half of May or June 2020;
• Deployment starting from the date specified in the vacancy.
WE WORLD-GVC applies a policy of equal opportunities and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
01/12/2020 - 31/05/2021
CONDITION OF SERVICE:
Length of Apprenticeship:
· 6 months;
Apprenticeship duty station:
· Bologna or Milan, Italy, WeWorld-GVC HQ;
Conditions of service during the Apprenticeship:
· A monthly Subsistence Lump Sum (547,12 Euro per month) intends to cover basic needs and local transport;
· A contribution for the accommodation in Bologna or Milan is foreseen;
· The working calendar will be corresponding to the agenda and system established in the HQ;
· For each month of voluntary activity two days of rest are foreseen;
· The Hosting Organization for the present deployment is GVC Tunisia;
Length of Deployment:
· 6 months;
Deployment duty station:
· Tunis, Tunisia.
Conditions of service during deployment:
· A monthly Subsistence Lump Sum (259,74 Euro per month) intends to cover basic needs and local transport.
· In addition, for each month of deployment 100 euro of post deployment resettlement allowance are foreseen.
· Accommodation, Visa fees, insurance and airfares will be covered directly by sending and/or hosting organization.
· The working calendar will be corresponding to the agenda and system established in the field.
· For each month of voluntary activity two days of rest are foreseen, in addition to public holidays. It is highly recommended not to use the rest days during the first and the last month of deployment.
Conditions related to in-presence training:
· If a candidate volunteer is working outside of the EU, travel costs will be fully covered if EU citizens legally reside in a non-EU country for long-term or forever (i.e. who live in that country);
· EU citizens who are on a temporary assignment in a third country that lasts more than 18 months;
On the contrary, only travel costs from an EU country to the training venue shall be covered if:
· EU citizens on a temporary assignment in a third country that lasts less than 18 months;
· EU citizens selected by the same organization or affiliate with which they have an on-going assignment in the third country if this assignment is longer than 18 months;
Please note that more than one candidate per position will attend the training, to create an additional pool to cover drop-outs and unforeseen needs.