The Community Health Academy (Academy) is in the process of developing multiple new initiatives in online learning and is looking to engage a consultant to support on the videography and media needs for these initiatives to ensure high quality content across the Academy’s hybrid programming, global projects, and non-site-specific courses.
The Consultant will be expected to support on multiple projects in various states of completion throughout the consultancy period and will require a demonstrated background in digital media production. Additionally, they will need experience utilizing the following software packages:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, Media Encoder, After Effects, Bridge
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- RAID and online storage management software (QNAP, SMB/AFP protocols, etc)
- macOS, Windows 10
- Video Conferencing tools (Zoom preferred)
- Project Management tools
- Commitment – 6 months at approximately 30 hours per week with an immediate start date preferred
- Location – Remote (As per LMH’s policies, all work-related travel is suspended at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Remuneration – Maximum estimated fees upon completion are expected to total $24,000. Consultant will be paid upon completion of each deliverable or according to a mutually agreed upon timeline.
What You'll Do
- Successfully complete the following tasks on a monthly basis to align with the team’s course content schedule: (September-January 2020)
- Edit existing raw footage
- Map translated text to edited footage
- Record interviews on Zoom and edit these interviews into short, cohesive video clips (there may be potential for live reshoots for specific courses, based on the reduction of COVID-19 limitations)
- Finalize prototype content
- Revise and finalize all material for course content development (February 2020)
- Provide additional support through the launch of the course (March 2020
- Support with planning and management of the technological components of the weekly webinar series and ongoing live streams and recordings produced by the Academy (ongoing)
- Lead course photography needs by taking or editing photographs remotely (ongoing)
- Assist instructional design consultants with online/digital asset creation, management, and publishing along with technology consultation and managing off-site productions (ongoing)
- Other media requests, as assigned (ongoing)
About Last Mile Health and the Community Health Academy
Last Mile Health (LMH), an organization that has worked for more than a decade to support governments to build national community health systems, has launched the Community Health Academy, which leverages digital technology to train, empower, and connect CHWs and health system leaders around the world.
The Academy is working to support countries to scale their CHW workforces and increase the quality of care that these CHWs provide by creating the world’s first continuing education platform for CHWs and health systems leaders on a global scale. The Academy will feature a two-pronged learning platform—one supporting CHWs, and the other, supporting community health systems leaders to build their capacity to design and manage effective national-scale CHW programs and strong primary health systems. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.