UNDP Pacific Office (PO) in Fiji, serves 15 countries directly. UNDP in the Pacific has three focus areas:
- Effective Governance
- Inclusive Growth
- Resilience and Sustainable Development
The UNDP PO in Fiji also coordinates regional initiatives and policy advice in 15 countries covered by the three UNDP offices in the region (Fiji, Samoa and Papua New Guinea).
The UNDP PO programme is guided by the Sub-Regional Programme Document (SRPD) (2018 – 2022) for the Pacific Island Countries and Territories. The SRPD outlines a programme strategy aligned with the vision of the Pacific Leaders, contributes to the achievement of Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development and forms part of the UN Pacific Strategy 2018-2022 (UNPS).
The Effective Governance Programme has begun implementation of the United Nations Pacific Regional Anti-Corruption (UN-PRAC) Project, a joint UNDP/UNODC programme, now in its second stage (2016– 2020). The Project focuses on assisting Pacific Island Countries to tackle corruption through ratifying and implementing the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) and in line with Sustainable Development Goal 16, assisting those Pacific Island Countries that have ratified UNCAC to undergo the peer review process and strengthen their policies and institutional capacities, and it supports non-State actors in increasing social accountability.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of both the UN-PRAC Project Manager, the Project Assistant will provide an administrative support role to the UN-PRAC team in the design, planning and management, evaluation and monitoring and reporting of initiatives/ activities on anti-corruption under the Project. The Project Assistant will promote a results-oriented approach to UNDP/UNODC initiatives, consistent with UNDP/UNODC mandates.
The Project Assistant will work in close collaboration with the UN-PRAC team, under the overall supervision of the UNODC Regional Anti-Corruption Advisor and the UNDP Anti-Corruption Specialist, the broader Democratic Governance Programme team, the finance team in the UNDP Pacific Office and the financial and administrative teams in the UNODC Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific for resolving UN-PRAC Project-related issues and information delivery.
Assist in the administration and implementation of UN-PRAC Project delivery through ATLAS and for UNODC, UMOJA, adapt processes and procedures, and support results-based management, by focusing on the achievement of the following results, including but not limited to:
- Logistical arrangements for conferences/workshops/Forums/meetings/other undertaken by the UN-PRAC team, including the use of both ATLAS and UMOJA.
- Creating information packages, letters of invitation and other relevant documentation for events, as well as liaising with Foreign Affairs in relation to the above-related activities.
- Assist in processing procurement requests, Staff/ Participants Travel Claims in line with financial procedures and other actions required by the UN-PRAC team through both ATLAS and UMOJA.
- Assist in the logistical arrangements of the UN-PRAC team, including for visiting missions, in obtaining visas for Staff/ others travelling to the field and in tracking the overall work of the team.
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources, including budgetary support, as required.
- Assisting in timely disbursement of payments and acquittals accordingly.
- Preparing bank documents, e.g. T/T and assist in banking runs for events.
- Presenting information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions.
Provide support and assistance to the UN-PRAC team in the management of Project initiatives/ activities:
- Assist in the collection and presentation of researched information for Project concepts, and draft Project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements, MOUs, contracts and other relevant documentation.
- Assist in the initiation of a project, entering such a project into Atlas/ProFi/Umoja.
- Assist in the follow-up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation/review/comments of/on reports.
- Assist in the preparation of Project work-plan and results-based reporting.
Support in the creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy for UN-PRAC Project initiatives/ activities.
- Assist in the analysis of information on donors, preparation of donors’ profiles and database such information, establishment of contacts with donor counterparts.
- Assist in tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Provide support to donor reporting.
Participate in knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Dissemination of information on the UN-PRAC Project, such as on its initiatives/ activities, to partner Governments/ stakeholders, UN agencies, donors and development partners.
- Coordination /liaison on editing and lay-out work of UN-PRAC Project reports before publishing.
- Coordinate post-production work for publications.
- Maintaining a knowledge management database for the UN-PRAC Project.
- Liaising with other partner Governments/ stakeholders, Regional Centres, UNDP and UNODC Offices, development partners and other relevant actors.
Enhanced learning and professional development.
- Enrolling and completing online learning courses, including all mandatory UN, ATLAS and UMOJA courses.
- Participate in UN-PRAC Project workshops, trainings and capacity development initiatives/ activities.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Education: Completion of Secondary School. University Degree in Governance, Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences is desirable
Experience: 5 Years of progressively responsible relevant project experience is required at the national or international level.Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.Demonstrated experience and positive evaluation in positions requiring Excellent writing, communication and organization skills; Excellent team working skills; Good interpersonal skills; High level of accuracy and reliability. Familiarity with UN ATLAS-based processes, and UNDP or UNODC procurement guidelines would be an advantage
Language Requirements:Fluency in the English language.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 Months